cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevie060282
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Need Spam Filter help (Cant send to BTinternet.com)

Hi I work for a company and one of our customers are having trouble sending mail to BTinternet.com and getting a bounce back to say its being treated as spam. Does anyone have any idea how to get the domain white listed with BTinternet.com

Thanks for any info on this and the time to help me resolve this.

Stephen

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Need Spam Filter help (Cant send to BTinternet.com)

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

Not much help to you but the usual advice when people post with similar problems to yours is for them to have a read through the following link and then to contact the BT postmaster.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47055/~/bt-email---best-practices-for-postmasters-and...

You may get a better response on the BT Business forum. 

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Stevie060282 

Not sure if you got sorted but here is some info from the link that @gg30340 shared. I have seen a few cases in the past on here and it seems to be a little bit of a struggle to get them sorted. 

"If you're an administrator of a mail server (for an ISP or a hosted email service) and you're compliant with the principles here, but your server is still encountering problems sending to BT customers, please get in touch via postmaster@btinternet.com."

Best of luck

SP

0 Ratings
Stevie060282
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I had sent a email to postmaster on 26th November 2019 and still waiting on a reply. It just seems crazy that every other company is ok to send emails to but Btinternet are blocking. Strange enough tho BTopenworold.com was blocking but they are ok now as well as BT.com

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

@Stevie060282 

I think it's been mentioned on the Community before that BT can really block whatever emails they want and most would agree that the method they use is pretty aggressive.  There is a few other posts on here about Postmaster taking a few weeks to get back to people so you could be in this for the long hall. 

Have you checked to see if your hosting IP address is on a blacklist/spam list?

SP

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@Stevie060282wrote:

I had sent a email to postmaster on 26th November 2019 and still waiting on a reply. It just seems crazy that every other company is ok to send emails to but Btinternet are blocking. Strange enough tho BTopenworold.com was blocking but they are ok now as well as BT.com

If emails to btinternet.com are not getting through, but those to btopenworld.com are - then that implies not being an IP based spam filter - since both domains and email addresses are interchangeable and one and the same. Emails to bt.com are completely different as that's BT's own corporate business and not the ISP.

This needs a proper explanation from the mail team, however I suspect that they will be silent on this matter.