Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moconnell
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Need to get premium mail to move old accounts email addresses to new account

Go to solution

I was with BT a couple of years ago before I went to the other comany, and then came back again.Smiley Happy I had a couple of email addresses that got 'mothballed' as I didn't use them and was no longer a BT customer. I think they came under the auspices of 'BT Premium mail'? I contact via instant chat a support bloke called Aamir. He was very helpful but basically said I need to contact the Premium mail support and get them to move them from the old account/'primaryemail' to my new account broadband account number. Fine. Unfortunately I think he gave me the wrong number (0800 633 5335) which says it's for dial-up (...shudder...) Is there a correct option on there or there a better number?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Need to get premium mail to move old accounts email addresses to new account

Go to solution

You should be able to do that yourself using this link.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/edw/email-migration/

moconnell
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: Need to get premium mail to move old accounts email addresses to new account

Go to solution

That's great. I've submitted the applications and I'll give  it a few days. Thanks

0 Ratings
moconnell
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Well I've waited a couple of days and not got even an email confirmation of the requests being recieved. Guess I'll have to call them do you know the correct number to phone for Premium mail support?

0 Ratings
moconnell
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I phoned 150 from my home phone and spoke to india and after convincing the tech support lady I had already tried the above links, I got transferred to another department, it might have been because the email accounts needed re-activiating first. This took a few minutes and then he also linked them to my new account.Smiley Happy I expect the above link would be fine if they didn't need re-activating.

0 Ratings