cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meemo
Beginner
Message 171 of 625

Re: New BT Mail Layout

As a person of 87 years I was dismayed this morning to find the new layout.  I registered on BT Forum ( with some difficulty) to enable me to complain about the change which as far as I know has been made without warning.  Technology at my age can be confusing and I am sure I will not be the only customer to feel like this. Not pleased, BT!

disgruntled4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 172 of 625

To  **Edited**

Dear Philip Jansen

As Chief Executive of BT you should be aware of the chaos that your Company is heaping on its customers.

This new BT mail system appeared today with no warning. That in itself is a disgrace.  If you change a system it is normal to inform the user that the system is changing. BT are an email company that cannot even email their users to say that the system is changing. That is totally irresponsible. I have spent a whole working day just trying to find emails and in some cases failed to find them.  I have not been able to complete any work today and do not hold out much hope that things will change tomorrow unless BT put me back on the old system.  Speaking as an IT professional with 40 years experience the system is a complete disgrace.  The in box and sent box contain emails not in date order.  Many emails have incorrect dates in the date received/sent column (For example emails from April 2019 showing an unrelated date in 2017). I have tried sorting into date order but this does not work.  There are also emails that I know were sent/received recently that are missing.  The complexity of the screen is a joke - the principle to use in designing IT systems is to make the system easy to use and the previous system was just that ie easy to use.  This will seriously hamper my work and unless BT return me to the old system immediately I shall vote with my feet and leave BT.  There will be no hours on the phone to India - BT will provide me with the Mail System that I signed up for when I last renewed my contract or they will provide me with a refund and I will go elsewhere.  One very long standing customer lost.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 173 of 625

Welcome to the BT customer to customer forum.

Out of interest did you read all of this thread or did you just jump onto it and post your message? The reason I ask is that you may find the answers to your complaint contained in this thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tickhill
Expert
Message 174 of 625

I am a BTYahoo mail user and collect my mail via Windows Live which remains successful.

The only thing I have noticed that in the last few weeks the authorise and connection process has often been incredibly slow and frequently failed - so have to try again.

I also collect a gmail account and a Yahoo mail account on Windows Live and both zoom through so I see the BTYahoo connection as the issue and not Windows Live 

0 Ratings
disgruntled4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 175 of 625

If you are a BT person where did you learn to be a distinguished sage and your post provides no help whatsoever.

No I did not read all of this thread. My complaint is that I should not have this new system imposed on me and certainly not without warning.  Suggesting that I read through 18 pages containing 174 threads to decipher why the new system is useless is not  helpful.  I need an email system throughout the day that works efficiently and I do not have the time to wade through 174 threads in the hope that I will be enlightened on this over complicated system which is not fit for purpose.

Thank you whoever you are for responding but sorry your response does not help

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 176 of 625

No I am not nor ever have been employed by BT. I am just a customer trying to help but as you feel what I suggested is of no use I will leave you to it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 177 of 625

@disgruntled4 wrote:

To  **Edited**

Speaking as an IT professional with 40 years experience the system is a complete disgrace. 

As an IT professional with 40 years experience I am totally amazed that you would use a web browser for email in the first place.

Gary_C
Contributor
Message 178 of 625

I have just tried the web browser and it works fine for me (I normally use outlook)

All my emails are there and easy to read, Odd that some are missing for people. An overactive spam fillter ?

0 Ratings
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 179 of 625

@SeanDwrote:

Hi everyone,

We’ve recently made some improvements to the look of BT Mail. We believe these changes will simplify your use of the service.

We’ve started introducing the changes but not all BT Mail customers will see them at the same time; it’s likely to take a few weeks before this happens. You’ll know when we’ve upgraded your email as you’ll see a welcome message with a short video next time you log in.

Cheers,

Sean 

Greetings.
I, exclusively, use WEBMail. The lesser of 2 evils. Only 1 chance of identity theft.
It appears to me that, the New BT Mail has been designed to be less of a resource-hog: mainly tailored for SmartPhone, lesser capacity systems. Saves on your DATA BILL.
I did like to 'create a rule', from the top bar drop-down: now, you have to find 'create a rule' in 'settings'.
New BT Mail is free with your BB package: it works.

Nil illegitimi carborundum. CP. Smiley Tongue

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
thirlmere3
Beginner
Message 180 of 625

I am sorry but I really don't like this new layout. I wasn't advised that this was going to happen and would like to revert to the clasic layout. But I am not on btyahoo mail so can't. I had to change browsers this morning to get emails which was wierd. If I stop to think about something while writinga mail the curser heads straight up to the topline which is frustrating and I can't access my folders as easily as I could with the old system. And why can't I have spell check on my emails?

Oh and the welcome message is just that - it explains nothing.

This is like BT used to be; top down "this is good for you" and we had to lump it. I thought all that went away years ago but its back. I would have liked to have been warned. I would have liked to have been consulted and most of all I would have liked BT to upgrade the system and not produce this melange of stuff which is buggy and counter intuitive.

I think if this is the way that BT are going to treat their customers it is time to head off and find a new ISP