cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob827
Beginner
Message 201 of 715

Re: New BT Mail Layout

Did you solve this? If so, can you let me into the secret please?

fedupman
fedupman
Visitor
Message 201 of 202

@SeanD

Please can you answer my question on Post No: 187 re printing.

When I print an email the font is now so small I can hardly read it.  It's unusable like that.

Can you change the system so it prints as before at around 12 point.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 202 of 715

@fedupmanwrote:

@SeanD

Please can you answer my question on Post No: 187 re printing.

When I print an email the font is now so small I can hardly read it.  It's unusable like that.

Can you change the system so it prints as before at around 12 point.

Thanks

Hi.

What browser are you using?

For comparison, have you tried a different browser with the same results?

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 203 of 715

Click on the More button and print from there, you will get a preview, on the left side of te prieview ther is another more botton, click on that and the scale dialogue is revealed.

You should be able to enlarge to what you need.

Bob827
Beginner
Message 204 of 715

Thanks very much. It has been a frustrating day with the new BT Mail. Fancy doing this on a bank holiday!
0 Ratings
fedupman
Beginner
Message 205 of 715

Whiskers: you said:

Click on the More button and print from there, you will get a preview, on the left side of te prieview ther is another more botton, click on that and the scale dialogue is revealed.

You should be able to enlarge to what you need.

-----

I don't have a preview, it goes direct to the printer dialogue box (see below) when I press print and there is no option to scale. I am using IE 11 and have tried with Firefox (latest version) and exactly the same.

Any other suggestions?

BT Mail print.jpg

davidncohen
Contributor
Message 206 of 715

Something I posted about earlier in #156 but haven't got an answer to:

• Under the new UI, I can no longer get nicknames to work - any idea what's changed here?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

David

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 207 of 715

I am using Chrome on W7, it gives you a preview, I stopped using internet explorer years ago.
On chrome it uses it own printer dialog, or you can revert to system dialog.
0 Ratings
ey7777
Aspiring Contributor
Message 208 of 715

@licquoricewrote:

Why do you need to change ISP to change email provider? Just get a Gmail address you can use with any ISP.

If you stopped using webmail and used the right tool for the job, a mail client, you wouldn't have a problem with the user interface.

As I just wrote in another thread - BT support actually told me on the phone twice that they do not recommend using an email client and only guarantee the service through webmail. I was horrified by that statement - and I asked them to point to where in their terms and conditions or any of their marketing materials do they inform the customer of this. They have not been able to provide that. I still find it hard to believe!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 209 of 715

@ey7777 wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

Why do you need to change ISP to change email provider? Just get a Gmail address you can use with any ISP.

If you stopped using webmail and used the right tool for the job, a mail client, you wouldn't have a problem with the user interface.

As I just wrote in another thread - BT support actually told me on the phone twice that they do not recommend using an email client and only guarantee the service through webmail. I was horrified by that statement - and I asked them to point to where in their terms and conditions or any of their marketing materials do they inform the customer of this. They have not been able to provide that. I still find it hard to believe!

All the Terms and Conditions say is that BT will provide you with an email service which is what they are doing. They do not specify how you are to access that service  or that you must use it.

It is up to the individual to decide how they will use/access that service. If you choose to use a web browser/ webmail BT will assist if it does not work because generally speaking if you can not access it via webmail there must be a problem at BT's end. 

If you choose to use an email client, which many people, my self included do use, BT will not offer any assistance or very little assistance to get the email client to work. I am guessing but I suspect it is because there are too many email clients/apps for BT to be able to give technical assistance for them all and if your email service is  still working via webmail it means that your email service is working. 

BT do offer the server and settings to allow you to use email clients and email apps and they do have web help pages showing you how to set up some email clients. There are occasions when these servers do not work as they should and BT usually fix them in a day or two. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ey7777
Aspiring Contributor
Message 210 of 715

@gg30340wrote:

@ey7777wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

All the Terms and Conditions say is that BT will provide you with an email service which is what they are doing. They do not specify how you are to access that service  or that you must use it.

It is up to the individual to decide how they will use/access that service. If you choose to use a web browser/ webmail BT will assist if it does not work because generally speaking if you can not access it via webmail there must be a problem at BT's end. 

If you choose to use an email client, which many people, my self included do use, BT will not offer any assistance or very little assistance to get the email client to work. I am guessing but I suspect it is because there are too many email clients/apps for BT to be able to give technical assistance for them all and if your email service is  still working via webmail it means that your email service is working. 

BT do offer the server and settings to allow you to use email clients and email apps and they do have web help pages showing you how to set up some email clients. There are occasions when these servers do not work as they should and BT usually fix them in a day or two. 

They were actively trying to discourage me from using an email client. I found that surprising and unfortunate.

0 Ratings