cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graham5
Beginner
Message 231 of 698

Re: New BT Mail Layout

tried that,just reads message selected,but the message does not appear.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 232 of 698

Go to your list of emails and if you look at the small finger pointer as you move down the list  when you near the bottom off the list look to see if it changes to the mouse pointer and then to two line with and arrow above and below these lines. If it does, click when it appears and drag your mouse up the web page. It should reveal the preview pane. 

0 Ratings
fedupman
Beginner
Message 233 of 698

Whiskers:  Many thanks for your suggestion re using Chrome to solve the printing problem.

Have installed it and works fine. My problem solved. Brilliant.

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 234 of 698

Not intuitive for most day-to-day users.

It shouldn't be a treasure hunt.

Whiskers
Contributor
Message 235 of 698

@fedupmanwrote:

Whiskers:  Many thanks for your suggestion re using Chrome to solve the printing problem.

Have installed it and works fine. My problem solved. Brilliant.

You are welcome, I used to use IE, then Firefox, now prefer chrome, they keep changing them all the time. IE used to be the best for printing emails but not now by the sound of it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kchops
Contributor
Message 236 of 698

SeanD

Thanks for the reply, I dont think I had this email I have not emptied my deleted items folder for ages I have just looked through December 18 and January 19 all I have from BT are adds for BT sport and one for wall to wall wireless nothing else. Not sure what to do at pesent think I will wait a few days.

0 Ratings
graham5
Beginner
Message 237 of 698

I spent 20 minutes on livechat with bt today. explained I was geting my emails,but when i clicked on one to view in preview pane,it read message selected, but no message appeared.I was told i needed to change view  and select no view and then i woud be able to read my emails. Tried this, no where to see the message. Decided they were having a laugh at my expense.  not a good way to keep customers.

0 Ratings
thirlmere3
Beginner
Message 238 of 698

After initial howls of anger I have lived with the new email now for a week.

Good news - it works better on mobile devices.

Bad news - I only use mobiles to text never to send emails. Yes I am a dinosour.

Worse news is as follows.

I have to say that after playing with it for a bit I think it can do about 90% of what the old email did. However as piglet22 says you have to dig in and it is very much a treasure hunt. There are some things in IT that just work straight from the box - Nokia 32, Windows 7 and the Ipod spring to mind and I would put the last itteration of BT mail in that bracket. It was intuitive, easy to use, simple and did the job. All of the above mentioned are of course either no longer available or soon to be so. 

I now have to do certain things I didn't have to do before. In IE I can easily print documents but getting emails up takes forever. In Chrome emails come up quicker but printing seems impossible on the first try. I was surprised at how much I miss the spell check facility and the nicknames which seem to have gone for good. I have tried to counter the lack of spellcheck by constructing documents in word and then pasting into emails but in about 50% of cases I have found it will not allow pasting. And it takes too long. And I hate having to click through boxes to do things I could do with one or two clicks before. It just takes longer.

I have two big bugbears still. If I stop to think what I am writing the curser goes back to the start of the email and if I don't notice it, I can be writing away, look up and find its on the top of the message and then it will not allow me to cut and paste back to twhere it should be. Before I tear my hair out I hope someone on the community has an answer to this. Which does not include going to a third party to manage emails; I had a terrible experience with a third party provider three years ago and I worry about security and back up. 

I have to say this is a very buggy system - especially considering it has been on test for so long.

My second big bugbear relate to BT. For a communications company it has really failed. I had no idea this was going to happen and had next to no help from their website. If it hadn't been for this forum I wouldn't have been able to do what I have done. So, big thanks to people who have taken the time to help other people for no financial gain. You would think that a huge company like BT could have invested a little bit of money having training videos or people who new what they were talking about available but that has not been the case. Hang your head in shame BT   

hampshire21
Beginner
Message 239 of 698

I totally agree with your last paragraph. I did two live chats and two voice calls. At no point was it mentioned that I might have been upgraded and that might be why I couldn't get into mail. I have now given up in recreating my distribution list on BT and moved that to Gmail. I raised complaint on it, got a call when I was told there was nothing they could do abut it - no apology! I asked for compensation for all hours I put in trying to solve it and useless calls and was told that would pass to a different depth. No news yet and complaint closed!
0 Ratings
Marselisborg21
Beginner
Message 240 of 698

Thanks for advice.

Please have you any suggestions as to how to access all my previous Inbox and Sent emails. ??

In the old system you just clicked an arrow to see 50 at a time.

Maybe now you can only access these previous email if you enter a name and a series of dates. ???I have many emails where I cannot recall all the names/email addresses involved.    How can this be an improvement on the old method. ??

Also I'm fed up with seeing adverts in every In email.

thanks 

0 Ratings