cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 241 of 781

Re: New BT Mail Layout

I'm afraid it's the way it is with many of these big organisations. I spend hours chasing organisations from Royal Mail, HMRC to Samsung and always for the same reason - they get it wrong then put you through the hoops afterwards. With BT, it's take or leave it. E-mails are just something they tack on mainly because they have to be seen to do it. Their real prize and where the money is, are the streaming services and paid up sports channels. I use e-mails alot and have been with BT since it was the GPO. Between the Yahoo debacle and this episode, it was reasonably good, it really didn't need changing.

But, I never use the browser for mail, except when I'm away from the home computer. There have been a lot of adverse comments on here about mail handlers like Outlook, in my opinion, misguided. It it hadn't been for a friend of mine almost in tears over the changes, I wouldn't be here now. Outlook just carried on dealing with the e-mail accounts and this mess went unoticed, and still does today.

With mail, like anti-virus etc., you can take the free stuff at the cost of all the rubbish that goes with a free service, constant ads, constant pop-ups. Despite all the criticism, Microsoft Office, with Outlook included, is my mainstay, and like the security software, I think the cost is well worth it.

Google Mail isn't half bad again despite the criticism and I use it as a secondary account.

For a while, during the Yahoo period, I did try the BT Premium service at £11 a year, just to get it ad-free, but didn't think it worthwhile.

BT aren't going to spend a lot of money supporting something must be a drain - someone has to pay for the call centres however bad they are. There probably are better e-mail services used by big business, but it's going to cost.

But what BT did here is a disgrace and they now have a lot of unhappy customers. There's a good chance that for every one person who made it to this discussion, there will be a thousand who didn't, tearing their hair out.

Shame on BT, their silence says it all.

Kelpie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 242 of 781

I agree with you. I absolutely hate the new layout.

Kelpie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 243 of 781

I agree. I think it is aweful the power they wield to cause such chaos.
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 244 of 781

@Marselisborg21wrote:

Thanks for advice.

Please have you any suggestions as to how to access all my previous Inbox and Sent emails. ??

In the old system you just clicked an arrow to see 50 at a time.

Maybe now you can only access these previous email if you enter a name and a series of dates. ???I have many emails where I cannot recall all the names/email addresses involved.    How can this be an improvement on the old method. ??

Also I'm fed up with seeing adverts in every In email.

thanks 

Righthand side of the list of the emails is a slider bar that is not very clear with tiny triangular arrows, hardly visible in chrome, if in None preview you will have to move the page up to see the arrow. Position cursor over bottom arrow and hold down left button, screen should scroll up revealing older emails.

Install adblockers, Ublockorigin is a good one. I dont see any.

0 Ratings
seniorcitizen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 245 of 781

Can I just add my name to the list of all of those who have complained about the sudden imposition of the so-called New Bt Mail Layout. It is just not fit for purpose and I cannot see any single improvement over the "old" layout which just didn't need changing. What on earth were BT thinking about when they decided to go down this route and alienate so many of their loyal custmomers. Shame on you BT. 

piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 246 of 781

It's called tinkering to justify existence - a classic case of don't fix it if it ain't broke. They never learn
Kelpie1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 247 of 781

I agree totally. I am furious.

oldles
Aspiring Expert
Message 248 of 781

Can I  add my name to the list of unhappy BT email customers , there seems to be some confusion by BT the word 'change' is not the same as 'improvement' , loath the 'new' layout. 

piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 249 of 781

Just put in a complaint to BT on this. I wonder if they are even aware of the real distress this has caused
0 Ratings
kchops
Contributor
Message 250 of 781

Sadly I do not think they care, I made a complaint last Tuesday and it said on screen that I would have an answer within seven days, I have not had an answer yet but I have four emails today asking has the community answered my question and can I mark it as an accepted solution. Do you think there is no one at BT and they rely on the community to answer the questions for them?