Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 261 of 715

Re: New BT Mail Layout

@Gary_Cwrote:
The one thing I do agree with is the top banner pop up, its always appearing when you dont want it. For example on this forum, move the mouse towards the notification bell, and inevitably the popup appears and obscures the thing your trying to click.

However, I haven't had the problems with Email some seem to have, though I do use Outlook, but even when I have used web mail, its worked.

One thing though, please calm down people ? having a pop at members of the public who (in their own inimitable way) have been trying to help.

Seems like the spirit of the age 😞

The purple banner only drops down boxes automatically in Chrome, in IE it shows the hand pointing finger icon.

What it does in other browsers I don't know.    Smiley Mad

What I do in chrome is right click on the Purple Banner, Inspect, right click the highlighted bar and delete item, purple banner disappears for that session.

0 Ratings
Elizabeth11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 262 of 715

Today I have the two interfaces on two different tabs, both accessed the same way, through Chrome, and I notice one has " index-touch" in the URL and the other "index-rui".   But I have also noticed the "ux" bit in the past.

However, today it's not that seeming to cause the trouble.

Both have problems which means I have to use them both, only one does searches, and the other covers the text you are typing so you can't see what you are doing!

Anyone else have this ?

I've sort of given up complaining , and moaning on this forum, and have learned to use the disfunctional " new" system,

But just noticed the comment about the us part of the URL

It's all sooooo tedious isn't it!!!?

Also... Find this very box hard to type in,  it keeps jumping around.. is that my tablet?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kchops
Contributor
Message 263 of 715

Elizabeth11

Please do not give up, we all learn to cope with things that are not as we would like that does not mean we just accept it as the norm. I must admit I read your post this morning and my first thoughts were that BT is extremely fortunate to have so many passionate and caring customers perhaps the email should be run as a cooperative and let the customers decide on how it should look, the functionality etc as it could not get any worst.

Today is the 7th day of my complaint to BT, in thier terminology I should have a reply within 7 days I am not hoping for any miracles but live in hope. The one thing I have noticed is that when I click on email to login instead of being confronted by BT Yahoo page saying a further update I am taken to the My BT page I thought it was me at first but have tried about six times with the same result, so perhaps something is happening.

So keep your chin up and remain strong.

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 264 of 715

@Elizabeth11wrote:

Today I have the two interfaces on two different tabs, both accessed the same way, through Chrome, and I notice one has " index-touch" in the URL and the other "index-rui".   But I have also noticed the "ux" bit in the past.

Both have problems which means I have to use them both, only one does searches, and the other covers the text you are typing so you can't see what you are doing!

Anyone else have this ?

I've sort of given up complaining , and moaning on this forum, and have learned to use the disfunctional " new" system,

Also... Find this very box hard to type in,  it keeps jumping around.. is that my tablet?

On mine on Chrome,

https://ux.btmail.bt.com/cp/index-rui.jsp?v=1.3.16#app/mail

I haven't tried sending an email yet.

I am today sending an email to the CEO of BT to complain about this useless UI with examples of before and after.

Google BT CEO Email to get his email address.

Hopefully flooding his email might get a result.

I see no reason why it cannot be reversed as it has not been properly tested.

It should not been forced on us unannounced like it was, no consideration whatsoever.

It should have been organised as a choice with the option to revert to the Classic view in my opinion.

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 265 of 715

@Whiskerswrote:

@Elizabeth11wrote:

Anyone else have this ?

On mine on Chrome,

https://ux.btmail.bt.com/cp/index-rui.jsp?v=1.3.16#app/mail

I haven't tried sending an email yet.

I am today sending an email to the CEO of BT to complain about this useless UI with examples of before and after.

Google BT CEO Email to get his email address.

Hopefully flooding his email might get a result.

I see no reason why it cannot be reversed as it has not been properly tested.

It should not been forced on us unannounced like it was, no consideration whatsoever.

It should have been organised as a choice with the option to revert to the Classic view in my opinion.

Email sent to  CEO of BT, got a reply 

hoping to get a call back and hopefully resolve this. 

I will not be holding my breath though.   Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
oldles
Contributor
Message 266 of 715

Every day now i get more annoyed with the BT email  UI .. I am using linux.mint and Firefox. but this 'program'  ( for want of a better word for this code disaster ) was the same on windows with chrome, I  cannot loose the ad s either,  why do I get ad s  ... i pay £50 a month to BT .. the messages here suggest any complaints about any BT services are a waste of effort ...

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 267 of 715

@oldles
No amount of complaining, any number of £50 a month payments are going to make any difference. BT is a fully-fledged, privatised company who can do whatever they like. Some large companies, trying to think of some, maybe John Lewis, do have better customer service and do sometimes listen to customers. You would probably be even more annoyed if you were paying £90 per annum for BT Premium Mail. The days of jolly green GPO vans and public service have gone. I'm afraid you'll just have to get used to it. If the very sight of it is stressing you, buying a copy of Outlook or whatever might be worthwhile
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 268 of 715

No need to buy a copy of Outlook (which is a Windows programme anyway and oldles is using Linux), there are plent of free mail clients out there with Linux versions.

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 269 of 715

licquorice
Thanks. I know it's Windows (I use Windows and Linux). I use Outlook a lot and have done for years as part of the Office suite (and I use Open Office and Libre Office and the Google offering). It suits me and avoids all this aggro. It was just a suggestion
0 Ratings
oldles
Contributor
Message 270 of 715

thanks for the input , yes i could go the email client way...  and may do , I have thubnderbird , with linuxmint , but dont get that many  emails , but when i do need email , .... what C**P  I have to use... and it would be just amother thing to get used to... at my age 70+ i like stability .. I was in IT support for 20 years ... again change   ! = improvement ... 

0 Ratings