Did you mean: 
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 271 of 698

Re: New BT Mail Layout

@Whiskerswrote:

@Whiskerswrote:

@Elizabeth11wrote:

Today I have the two interfaces on two different tabs, both accessed the same way, through Chrome, and I notice one has " index-touch" in the URL and the other "index-rui".   But I have also noticed the "ux" bit in the past.

However, today it's not that seeming to cause the trouble.

Both have problems which means I have to use them both, only one does searches, and the other covers the text you are typing so you can't see what you are doing!

Anyone else have this ?

I've sort of given up complaining , and moaning on this forum, and have learned to use the disfunctional " new" system,

But just noticed the comment about the us part of the URL

It's all sooooo tedious isn't it!!!?

Also... Find this very box hard to type in,  it keeps jumping around.. is that my tablet?

On mine on Chrome,

https://ux.btmail.bt.com/cp/index-rui.jsp?v=1.3.16#app/mail

I haven't tried sending an email yet.

I am today sending an email to the CEO of BT to complain about this useless UI with examples of before and after.

Google BT CEO Email to get his email address.

Hopefully flooding his email might get a result.

I see no reason why it cannot be reversed as it has not been properly tested.

It should not been forced on us unannounced like it was, no consideration whatsoever.

It should have been organised as a choice with the option to revert to the Classic view in my opinion.

Email sent to  CEO of BT, got a reply 

hoping to get a call back and hopefully resolve this. 

I will not be holding my breath though.   Smiley Surprised

Reply to my complaint, basically we have changed it , hard luck, get used to it.

Not a very good response from BT and how to alienate your customers.

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 272 of 698

@oldleswrote:

Every day now i get more annoyed with the BT email  UI .. I am using linux.mint and Firefox. but this 'program'  ( for want of a better word for this code disaster ) was the same on windows with chrome, I  cannot loose the ad s either,  why do I get ad s  ... i pay £50 a month to BT .. the messages here suggest any complaints about any BT services are a waste of effort ...

Basically your are stuck with it, just been through it with a higher customer complaints and you can't be changed back.

Being very dictatorial about it. Not a way for BT to win customer support.

Install an Adblocker.              Adblockplus       Ublock Origin   Adblocker Ultimate,   I have all three installed on chrome and see no ads at all hardly.

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 273 of 698

I can't speak for Thunderbird, but generally it's not too difficult. Just add the account(s). I have half dozen different ones (gmail, bt, hotmail). It certainly simplifies things, no ads, no purple banners, no need to go near the browser. Try one and if you don't like it you can just go back to your favourite browser version. The only thing to watch out for, initially, is not to delete your mail on the BT server which can be an automatic setting. Plus, reading your mail is a whole lot nicer than in the browser.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 274 of 698

Indeed, and if you don't like Thunderbird, try one of the others such as Claws mail, eMClient or even the native W10 mail app.

0 Ratings
daljinhon
Beginner
Message 275 of 698

I dont think you can!
0 Ratings
daljinhon
Beginner
Message 276 of 698

Apparently the change was April this year - but only happened for me this weekend!
0 Ratings
maewilliam
Beginner
Message 277 of 698

It actually started in December last year - see the 1st and 2nd post in this saga of over 270 posts - and still we cannot revert to the Classic view

0 Ratings
daljinhon
Beginner
Message 278 of 698

I was told April byBT. But I only had problem since Sat! Don't think we will be able to revert to classic but BT assure me they are dealing with the problem with their,"suppliers" and it will be sorted but when they don't know!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
kchops
Contributor
Message 279 of 698

Sean

Does this email only apply to people on BT mail not BY Yahoo mail.

Regards

kchops

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 280 of 698

kchops
You're getting me confused now.
BT Yahoo mail users were migrated to BT Mail in early 2014.
Which email are you referring to?
Slight change of subject, so far, my BT Mail is untouched and still in "classic" mode. Is BT being selective in who they "upgrade"?
0 Ratings