cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dg15
Beginner
Message 301 of 698

Re: New BT Mail Layout

I am very dissatisfied with the new BT Mail layout.  Like other users, I have spent hours on your chat lines etc., trying to get the old system back.  Nobody within BT seems to know, or want too know, the answers.

There was nothing wrong with the previous layout and it worked!  Now I have to "sign in" numerous times when I want to check my emails.  When I evenutally get the email page it is even more difficult to get each individual message to open.  The whole system is extremely slow and very frustrating.  I am not at all happy.

When are BT going to listen and do something about this problem?

oldles
Contributor
Message 302 of 698

I was referind to this Forum site... does not seem to have spell check .. now rthis quick reply does ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
kchops
Contributor
Message 303 of 698

careful or you will get yourself in a mucking fuddle

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 304 of 698

There is no spell checker built into the "new" mail page.

There will in most cases be a spell checker built into your browser, most of the mainstream browser have that facility. It is generally turned on by default and when you type, if you miss spell a word it will be underlined in red and by clicking your mouse you will be given a selection of correctly spelt words to choose from or in some cases the browser may correct it as you type.

Distinguished Guru
Message 305 of 698

@kchopswrote:

Hello

So despite following the instructions from BT saying they were separating from Yahoo because of a security breach and me thinking all these years I was BT not Yahoo they never actually separated,

I can't actually recall this instruction from BT themselves, though I do remember some said it was the case

The Yahoo authorisation pages are not legal in my mind as you cannot opt out of any of the categories the only thing it states is (Scroll down and select 'OK' to proceed, otherwise you will not be able to access our sites and apps.) if you click on manage you still have no choices.

I agree with you. The GDPR states that all options should be OFF, and it's opt-in only. I picked one item from the Yahoo privacy dashboard (BUILD) and chose Audience mapping, the item is set to agree to targetted adverts rather than generic. I believe that actually breaks the law, and Yahoo/Oath need to abide by it - and by extension BT could therefore be breaking the law as well.

I hope a moderator can get this investigated.

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 306 of 698

@oldleswrote:

if BT just put that soddding purple banner somwhere else on the email page it would be a start.. and why do their sites jump about so much. even this forum's pages  has crazy loading of some text lists and flashing up and down, and still that banner..  and no spell check ?  is BT stuck in the 1990's

I know where I would like to stick that banner, but if I spelled it out this message would be deleted. 

Suffice to say it would be somewhere dark.

Smiley LOL

Whiskers
Contributor
Message 307 of 698

@dg15wrote:

I am very dissatisfied with the new BT Mail layout.  Like other users, I have spent hours on your chat lines etc., trying to get the old system back.  Nobody within BT seems to know, or want too know, the answers.

There was nothing wrong with the previous layout and it worked!  Now I have to "sign in" numerous times when I want to check my emails.  When I evenutally get the email page it is even more difficult to get each individual message to open.  The whole system is extremely slow and very frustrating.  I am not at all happy.

When are BT going to listen and do something about this problem?

I am afraid you are stuck with it, even emailing philip jansen the CEO of BT gets you nowhere but dogmatic help  adviser's who are no help whatsoever.

You might just as well go outside and bang your head against a brick wall for all the good it does.

Not sympathetic at all to the effects it is having and cannot even agree that it is worse than the classic view.

It could have been done a lot better in my view, looking to change my provider at the next out of contract, in the mean time use an email client to download my history and then abandon BT.

Edit, was also told that the not saving your information (Keep me signed In) was also intentional, so why leave the bloody tick box there then!!!!

Useless bunch of ******s.

It beggars belief 

Smiley Frustrated  Smiley Frustrated  Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 308 of 698

@kchopswrote:

careful or you will get yourself in a mucking fuddle

Or you could get caught outside with it pimply sissing down!!!

0 Ratings
dg15
Beginner
Message 309 of 698

I can't even open the reply I am supposed to have received from you.

Situtation getting worse!

0 Ratings
dg15
Beginner
Message 310 of 698

When will I get a reply to my earlier message re BT mail layout, and how will I open it?   So far, no help received.

0 Ratings