cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 371 of 781

Re: New BT Mail Layout

I've had a good look at the new layout today and am getting my head round it meanwhile because i replied earlier today Im getting an email notification everytime someone replies on this thread now, how can I switch notifications off please?

I must have left ''email me when someone replies'' ticket when I posted by mistake

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 372 of 781

I'm surprised this is still rumbling on.

BT can pretty much do what they like. If they want to stick ads on their site, then they can. It's a bit like saying I don't like ads in the middle of Coronation Street, but Eastenders is OK. The difference is you pay £175 per annum or whatever to be ad-free.

What has surprised me is that a ladyfriend of of mine who was close to tears when this was dumped on her, now takes it in her stride and I must admit that when I last looked at her BT mail site "ux" etc., it's hard to see what some of the fuss is about.

What a lot of folk who just use the browser for e-mail don't like is the way BT did it and I would have to agree that is wasn't best handled. But BT isn't chummy old GPO any more. If you want ad-free, it's open the wallet time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 373 of 781

This may seem irrelevant to this thread( it is!) But I'm mystified as to where you've all been for the last month?

I have not had any emails about the forum for a month, and the dates on the posts seem to support the theory that we've all been time travelling, or asleep, like RipVan Winkle.

Elizabeth 11. still here.......

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 374 of 781

had this today, new design & easier to use according to BT ? NOT FOR ME ! spent an hour or more phoning  on BT -Dublin who couldn't help, can't access email notifications from forums i'm subscribed to & have told them of the problems so not from their end! please BT give us back the old standard user friendly layout, your new one is card i'm sorry to say.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 375 of 781

What exactly is your issue? Not receiving emails is just a co incidence - it can’t be due to the new interface. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 376 of 781

I'm not sure if you are referring to me, but the " issue" is merely my observation, not a problem as such.

It's not a coincidence that I used to get  sometimes dozens  of emails a day about the forum, and never a day without any, and as with this thread, an immediate response from someone out there, and then absolutely nothing for a whole month.

To be honest it wasn't a bad thing, as this can be a terrible distraction and I gained little from it, other than the knowledge that I was not alone in my dissatisfaction with the new layout.

I was wondering how I could stop them all coming, and they just magically stopped.

and then started again, after a month of silence.

I'm just saying hello to you all , and where have you been?

And now cheerio.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 377 of 781

Elizabeth11

The reason you were not getting emails from the thread for a month was because nobody was posting on the thread during that time then somebody decided to resurrect it and post another message.

To unsubscribe (stop emails about posts) from a thread you should click on the  three dots to the right of your post and scroll down to "unsubscribe" and click on it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 378 of 781

When I click the 3 dots next to my post of yesterday  , there is no unsubscribe option, hence Im getting an email notification every time someone posts in this thread which I'd like to stop
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 379 of 781

I do not like the changes that have been made to the format, what was wrong with the previous format.

There is nothing easy about the new format. It looks very cheap and nasty.

There is an older community that appreciates quality and ease of access over a  'New Look' 

Come on BT was is happening to you.

If I can't use the web mail perhaps I'll consider moving all what is currently supplied by BT to another provider!

Another sign of Big Brother imposing their 'supposed improvements' on something that ain't broke!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 380 of 781

Hi,I absolutely agree with you.I dislike it very much and I am furious that it was changed with no regard for customer choice.

0 Ratings