Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 441 of 708

Re: New BT Mail Layout

Is there any mileage in Win 10 Mail?
I only use it with an old Hotmail account, but it seems OK to me. Nice clean layout with just an image in the background, like Win desktop.
I guess the problem is, if you are an occasional mail user, then the browser offerings will do, give or take the problems with BT, but many more than 10 a day, then it's going to be a pain. I'm only looking after the interests of a friend who had the new BT mail dumped on them and am well insulated by using Outlook. I wonder how many people have a version of Office, but don't use Outlook?
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 442 of 708

Henry65
Not worth the aggro of changing ISP.
Get someone to show you mail handing in Outlook ( I take it you don't have a version of Microsoft Office). Microsoft get a lot of stick, but Office is my workhorse. Just another comment, £80 a month is lot of dosh. You must have a lot of add-ons? I think my monthly subscription for Office 365 is about £8. If you ditched any BT add-ons, you could afford Outlook. Just a thought
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 443 of 708

The W10 mail app is an email client and is basically a modern day version of the old Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail.

If you set it up and use it you will not need to log onto BTMail via a web browser and this will of course mean that you do not suffer any of the "problems" that people have been complaining about.

It is a far better and safer way to access your email. It can not be changed by BT, it allows you to back up your emails, see posts about emails being lost when on the BT servers and there are no adverts and is very easy to use, as are all email clients.

johnclegg
Contributor
Message 444 of 708

OK , next part of the  " Easy to use , New BT Mail " tutorial , just received a message from one of a group to the group , there used to be a "reply to all" button to send my reply to the group..

I can't find it ??

John

Losing the will to live..

George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 445 of 708

I have given up on BT Web Mail and switched to MS Outlook. One good point is I don't keep having to sign in to it.

johnclegg
Contributor
Message 446 of 708

Spoke to a few of my ex-BT comrades last night and they know of nothing about the " New,easy to use "  BT Mail...maybe a few selected guinea -pigs are being trialled and they're looking at the feedback , trying to sort out the mess before launching it on the un-suspecting public??

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 447 of 708

@johnclegg wrote:

Spoke to a few of my ex-BT comrades last night and they know of nothing about the " New,easy to use "  BT Mail...maybe a few selected guinea -pigs are being trialled and they're looking at the feedback , trying to sort out the mess before launching it on the un-suspecting public??

John

The email "update" has been getting rolled out in batches of tens of thousands since December 2018 so it is hardly  "a few selected guinea -pigs are being trialled "  and the moderators posted on this public forum  on 6/12/18 "We’ve started introducing the changes but not all BT Mail customers will see them at the same time; it’s likely to take a few weeks before this happens".   so it may be that your ex-BT comrades are not as well informed as they think they are.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 448 of 708

@johnclegg wrote:

OK , next part of the  " Easy to use , New BT Mail " tutorial , just received a message from one of a group to the group , there used to be a "reply to all" button to send my reply to the group..

I can't find it ??

John

Losing the will to live..

If you open the email with a single click as advised by the BT tutorial on the logon page, see link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/64151

you should find the "reply all" button on the menu bar at the top of the email.

Reply All.PNG

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 449 of 708

George99

Good move

BT can tinker until the cows come home. Not signing in is just one of the advantages. Can't understand why folk don't vote with their feet. Even MS Mail is going to be better than messing about with BT mail. Outlook has done me well for years.

oldles
Contributor
Message 450 of 708

Seems to me the BT web mail pages are for their own 'convenience'  'revenue'  box ticking exercise.. The purple banner next to the tabs, the various hot spots all designed to make a hit on their site statistics .. like the sign out .. over BT ad .. just in case i miss the mark.. 

I have other mail to use  so only use BT mail , as a last resort.. I even send snail mail .. you know with a 70 p stamp !!! out.jpg