cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnclegg
Contributor
Message 451 of 698

Re: New BT Mail Layout

Sadly my Mozilla Firefox mail no longer exists and am struggling to find a decent Mail for use with Windows XP ...

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 452 of 698

hmmm, I'm not sure if BT are good at blowing their own trumpets, you complain about the BT ad here but the old one had 3 ads and used to advertise all sorts of stuff. The help article on the login page says they have reduced the number of advertisements - it must have cost them many millions to remove it!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 453 of 698

@johnclegg wrote:

Sadly my Mozilla Firefox mail no longer exists and am struggling to find a decent Mail for use with Windows XP ...

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

John

If you really must use Windows XP , and I strongly recommend that you don't and upgrade to a more secure operating system, have a look at Claws mail https://www.claws-mail.org/

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 454 of 698

Is there any way I can opt out of receiving updates to this thread?

0 Ratings
Message 455 of 698

@George99 wrote:

Is there any way I can opt out of receiving updates to this thread?

@George99   Click the three dots at the top "thread level" and you should see the option to unsubscribe 😊

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
johnclegg
Contributor
Message 456 of 698

... and to top it all I have now been targeted by I think two Scam emails purporting to be from BT, and trying to find where they are from ( following a mentors advice ).. leaves me with reams of unknown data??

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 457 of 698

Thanks for that Robbie. That will save having to keep deleting them. 

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 458 of 698

John

Buried in all the code, there should be some recognisable e-mail addresses or website addresses that are nothing to do with BT. There might be some subtle differences in the spellings etc before the dot com or "@". Look out for any that are formatted as website URLs or e-mails - generally blue, underlined. If they are genuine BT, they usually end bt.com. DON'T open them!

Are you seriously still on XP and connected to the Internet? If so, you've done well to avoid more than a scam e-mail.

So you have missed the joys of Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, Win 10 versions 15, 16, 17, and 19?

7 and some of the 10 versions aren't half bad and worth updating to, but it might be a bit of a culture shock...

0 Ratings
johnclegg
Contributor
Message 459 of 698

Piglet

No,I've been had , and am in the process of changing all my passwords , and they say don't use the same password ??? Who do they think I am ?,  "The Incredible Memory Man"  , How many passwords do you have ??

John

0 Ratings
alrjar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 460 of 698

I am also a pensioner with fading eyesight and arthritic hands so am finding the new"improved" layout and styling of BT webmail virtually impossible to use. The reason I have to use it is because I have a second BT email address that, for many years, I have used for online purchases, registering with websites etc. but the email app on my tablet will only let me have one BT address, refusing to add the second one. I have previously overcome this by viewing those emails online. It has now become too difficult since the change to the new layout because of the constant need to enlarge the page and the near invisible tiny pale grey links which I can hardly see. Consequently I have decided to abandon the second BT email address and have set up a gmail replacement. It is extremely inconvenient - so thanks a lot BT! - as it means notifying so many sites but, at least, it was easy to add to my app and it means I don't have to strain my already dim eyes any more as gmail is easy to read and easy to navigate.