cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
disgruntled4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 541 of 684

Re: New BT Mail Layout

gg30340 “”As you have obviously no intention of listening to what I said regarding my not being a Beta Tester and therefore are not subject to any Non Disclosure Agreements or having any knowledge of if I was in the first batch or subsequent batches and that you do not believe anything else I have posted which in effect is calling me a liar I will no longer be answering any of your questions regarding this.””

gg30340 “”I will no longer be answering any of your questions regarding this.””

Disgruntled4  You have said this before remember several months ago when you said “I will no longer reply to your inane comments”. But you could not resist replying to my Message 515 and asking a whole series of questions in your Message 518 which when the answers  are provided to you in my Message 533 you follow up by saying “”Yet again your memory is failing you!”” and  accusing me of “”making things up””  in your Message 534 and include a second set of questions for me to answer

You were the one asking questions not me  

gg30340 “”you have obviously no intention of listening to what I said regarding my not being a Beta Tester””

Disgruntled4  My view is that Beta Testing was not carried out and the early batches of the rollout meant unsuspecting BT customers became the Beta Testers without warning. You have a different view based on a trusted BT source .

gg30340 “”not subject to any Non Disclosure Agreements””

Disgruntled4 You raised this issue saying your trusted source was subject to a Non Disclosure Agreement

gg30340  “”having any knowledge of if I was in the first batch or subsequent batches””

Disgruntled4 I think by looking at the evidence on the Forum you must suspect yourself that you were actually in the first batch.

gg30340 “”you do not believe anything else I have posted which in effect is calling me a liar””

Disgruntled4 I have never said “”I do not believe anything else you have posted””. On the contrary in the past I have praised you efforts in attempting to solve the problems of other people. To spend more than 6 months day after day doing that is exemplary.   I have on no occasion called you a liar.

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 542 of 684

Thanks Oldles
No need, it was a few suggestions for Henry.
0 Ratings
Henry65
Contributor
Message 543 of 684

Another **bleep**. I sent an email with a long, wrong address. It was bounced back and resurrected as a Forward. The wrong address now appeared in a box, but cannot be amended. only deleted.

And all I wanted to do was to add a dot.

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 544 of 684

Henry
It's always safer when working with browsers, including your favorite e-mail, to compose offline, i.e. somewhere else, then paste the message when you are ready.
Win 10 should come with a basic text editor like Notepad or Wordpad, but sometimes don't have spell check.
Compose your message in either one, or Libre/Open Office, select the text, copy, and paste into the BT message compose bit.
You can have a practice by sending messages to yourself.
It also helps when you are composing in a web message box, then you hit the back button. 9 times out of 10, you lose the message. Doing it offline gives you the opportunity to save it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dode
Expert
Message 545 of 684

"It's always safer when working with browsers, including your favorite e-mail, to compose offline, i.e. somewhere else, then paste the message when you are ready."

That's right, then why not do it on an email client and save the Copy & Paste bit.😉

piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 546 of 684

But Henry doesn't have an e-mail client or hasn't tried Windows Mail, so this was another option. If he was using one, then probably all his problems would disappear.
0 Ratings
Henry65
Contributor
Message 547 of 684

This is not about composing a message but trying to Forward 'good' text. It's about the recipient's address.   

0 Ratings
johnclegg
Contributor
Message 548 of 684

I've been a little quiet of late,problems with my blood pressure , but ,

what is Error code 10023?

What does  " this request has been aborted" mean?

Who the hell are gstatic.com that my hub wants me to visit?

Not forgetting all the other problems , Site can't be reached ,Connection reset..

John

Fed up of spending hours on my keyboard trying to do simple tasks.....

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 549 of 684

gstatic.com could be a virus.
Don't go near it
0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 550 of 684

Henry
Copy your message (run the mouse over all of it or use "select all" in the message if it exists), then copy. Open Notepad and paste your message for safe keeping.
Start a new e-mail and put the right address in. If you are sure it is right, you can add it to your contacts.
Paste the message in, paste might still work, or copy it out of Notepad and paste it in. A dot makes a huge difference, get it wrong and it will come back as undelivered. You should also be able to get your message from the "Sent" folder, or sometimes "drafts" if it exists. Looking at Win 10 Mail, all these features exist, but you need to check BT Mail. There should also be a facility to save your message, where it will be saved as a "draft"
0 Ratings