cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldles
Contributor
Message 691 of 708

Re: BT Email changes

The change to the purple banner is welcome , but how long did it take.. I had to smile at the BT email 

"Skills for tomorrow ...... a free digital skills programme to help you and 10 million people across the UK go beyond limits and reach their full potential. We've teamed up with amazing partners, like LinkedIn Learning and Google Digital Garage to provide online and face-to-face learning to help you thrive in a digital future. " will BT  email developers  be the first to sign up ..?

Mike101237
Beginner
Message 692 of 708

**bleep** IT skills - Most customers are not IT experts and many not working & retired so all we want is honesty & simplicity but BT ' s senior management right from the top **bleep** down are worse that Criminals & **bleep**ing politicians
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 693 of 708

@oldles

Yes, you have to laugh. Full of the sort of rubbish that these companies love now, "amazing partners", "thrive in a digital future".

I wonder just how much time and effort went into that. BT can spend time on that and unwanted mobile upgrade offers, but can't get the basics right.

Digital future?? Digital quagmire more like. A large chunk of my day goes into trying to keep a digital present going - "Excel not responding", Update failed" and so on.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised just how well my cheap Chinese phone sails through all this digital stuff - press the on button, instant start, updates done in minutes. Even the BT app(lication) works reasonably well

The trouble is, BT have got themselves enmeshed in entertainment and are up against some sharp opposition from the likes of Netflix and the other players. I daresay that some of the resources that used to service stuff like e-mails, are now looking after the far more profitable entertainment side and penning catchy e-mails for you to read on the not so good BT Mail web browser. The other problem is that e-mail services are under threat from messaging "apps" like Twitter where "Ow RU 2day" becomes the norm and e-mails become less relevant.

Mike101237
Beginner
Message 694 of 708

I was a BT custoimer for over 40 years until I tried another supplier in 2015 who are also carrot dangling tri parteid supplier s & CROOKS !! -- BUT like a fool I rejoined BT and have been treated like **bleep** so now I AM TIED TO THE BT CROOKS ONLY until JULY NEXT YEAR and I am leaving -- No use using Plus Net as they are a BT spin off shower of crooks
0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 695 of 708

About time the purple banner was changed, that was my biggest gripe about this whole Email debacle.

The old client was far more user friendly and all this **** about it being an improved, sleeker email was a load of untrue waffle.

At least some of my comments about the Purple Banner seem to have been heard with this change.

🙂

Whiskers
Contributor
Message 696 of 708

Kipper, BT are a law unto themselves and no amount of complaining to them makes any difference.

The Purple Banner made it a pain to use the email client as travelling over it spawned a popup box, most annoying.

The New Purple Banner is much more useful.

At least part of the issues with this sleeker, smarter email are being improved.

🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
oldles
Contributor
Message 697 of 708

Fellow sufferers .. anyone experienced the compose pane (pain ) bug.. first line typed correctly  but I N/L before the end of that line .. now looking down at the keyboard  typing away.. {loads of great text } .. looked up  NOTHING THERE ! ... 2nd line  blank , cursor not even moved .. had to go back to first line and N/L again then it worked ...

{ face palm }

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 698 of 708

@oldles 

It's why I would recommend composing off-line i.e. in a text editor, then copy and paste back into BT.

It can save a lot of grief as I know too well when filling in long forms (not just BT) and it doesn't upload or stops responding.

I don't know if the browser version has a facility to save drafts as you go along.

I'm guessing your N/L is ENTER. Some online forms will do a submission if you ENTER and terminate the form. You don't find out until you do it. If the punctuation and appearance doesn't matter too much, avoid ENTER or Carriage Return.

0 Ratings
Dutydog
Beginner
Message 699 of 708

I have exactly the same problem! SO annoying. Please fix this BT!

0 Ratings
Dutydog
Beginner
Message 700 of 708

UPDATE if you click on the cursor on the 2nd line it does accept what you type. But WHY??!!!
0 Ratings