Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 721 of 781

Re: New Email Layout

In relation to "why nearly 18-months since the "roll-out" of the new BT webmail (notice UX in the URL address line), yours has only been upgraded/changed/whatever, recently?"

It has been changed for some users now because they have probably been migrated from the BTYahoo email system to the new BTMail system and they will now be using the BTMail web page and not their familiar BTYahoo web page. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/We-re-updating-BT-Email/td-p/2005956

piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 722 of 781

gg30340

Thanks for that information.

It probably explains why Lesleyanne73 found it such a change.

I have been with BT for as long as her and I seem to remember it was BT Yahoo to start with.

I'm still surprised it has taken so long for BT to get round to it.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 723 of 781

There was a previous migration from BTYahoo to BTMail in 2014 but it stopped shortly after it started.

This present migration from BTYahoo to the new BTMail only started in in late January this year and as per the link it is being done in batches so it will no doubt take a bit of time to be completed.

0 Ratings
Mike101237
Beginner
Message 724 of 781

Re: New BT Mail Layout

THE NEW  Page layout & text is Grey on white & thus very hard to see let alone read   

Utter **bleep**  designed by  idiots  

johnclegg
Contributor
Message 725 of 781

Mike

My thoughts exactly , but as someone on here repeats , BT are not going to go back....sounds like the " Charge of the Light Brigade " .

Just sit back and enjoy the ride...

John 😉

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 726 of 781

So one of my email accounts has been changed over and to be honest even in windows 7 it hard to get it to work my way. so here are my issues I have not been able to figure out.

1. No notifications whatsoever that this was changing and the impact of the changes might be

I did get a notification 2 days early and the video help at the start is so simplistic it beggars belief whoever created it knew the issues and decided they could gloss over it ...

Thankfully I don't use this as my primary email my BTYahoo one works better and still does!.

2. The default screens are so small text wise but sadly do not show everything on screen

in this case when I force the screen to the right or left secter I cannot see stuff over to the right unless I reduce the already very small text. If yahoo can get this right eventually then why can't BT 

3. As a result of 1 all my spam selections have gone and now started to flood my real emails.

4. How do I change the colours as to be honest each section needs better delineation. Its good there are no advert but to be honest I don;t get any in the yahoo version. 

I have one question if this changes in my day to day BTYahoo email will I loose all my calendar items?

The management of this change is to me abysmal, perhaps I will eventually have to follow others into the world of offline email tools (I user mailstore as a backup for my main BTYahoo mail)

Well done BT yet another resounding success...☹️

johnclegg
Contributor
Message 727 of 781

Oh dear , " Well done BT yet another resounding success... " , BT does not have a sense of Humour and even with the frowning face may take this as a genuine compliment......
BillC2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 728 of 781

New BT Mail

New BT Mail is hopeless all round.  There is little opportunity to customise either in the mail or the calendar.  It seems impossible to change the background colour on the mail screen or the background for events in the calendar.  And moving to next and previous messages is now impossible it would seem.  Used to be able to do these without difficulty before.  Very disappointing.  Anyone experiencing the same frustration?

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 729 of 781

Re: New BT Mail

So i've been doing a bit of playing around with the chrome inspection tool and if BT does not offer the ability to change this stuff then there may be a possibility of using an extension like stylus to change the colours of most elements but to be honest it seems to me that BT whilst saying this is a great improvement on the yahoo version I think they are kidding themselves - perhaps the people who created this without themes etc should be capable of being MP's in the current climate.

Thing is that the basic changeability width wise has been also hard coded to limit. I wonder how many peanuts they paid the developers of this shameful excuse for great designs. Thankfully I still have my main email using yahoo.

If one leaves BT - there are other companies - there will be no incentive to stay with their email. Oh well my days of being a luddite are probably limited now I guess. Offline tools are nearer than i'd hoped.😁

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 730 of 781

Re: New BT Mail

@BillC2 wrote:

And moving to next and previous messages is now impossible it would seem.  Used to be able to do these without difficulty before.  Very disappointing.  Anyone experiencing the same frustration?

If you open an email and move your mouse to about half way down the edge of the message you will see there is an arrow at either side of the email which allows you to move to the next or previous email in your list.

0 Ratings