cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 761 of 781

Re: Recent 2020 email changes

In the past CEO contact has usually been a game of how to engage them with unusual email subject lines. I did get an acknowledgement from Gavin Paterson - a couple of CEO's back I think -  one late Saturday afternoon but apart from acknowledging my issue he clearly passed it on to his the Excecutive Office team.

At the time the EO was in NI and I think that the BT teams I have had the pleasure of engaging with who work for this community are closely associated with the EXEC office in many ways I feel.

(In my response above I did nudge one of the team members I have worked with before but to be fair to these people they may be busy on potentially more important things. I agree with most of the comments so far though and am still quite concerned at when my main eMail is moved over if it inevitably is. I hope not as it seems that the features and capability of the Yahoo version are being improved as well as fixed along the way now. (It is way more powerful than the BTMail I saw a few weeks back on my master account eMail.) 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 762 of 781

Re: New BT Mail Layout

This new email system is appaling! It is SO ludicrously slow. If you have an attachment forget it - go and make yourself a cuppa whilst you wait. 

Where is my up and down next or previous email button?

I am sure there are other things that I will miss from the old system but this is now so slow I am avoiding using it!

Please sort it BT. I have stayed loyal to you from the outset of emails for the masses but this is unacceptable and I will not put up with it for long.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 763 of 781

At times in the past two days it has been appallingly slow.  Goodness knows what they are playing at.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 764 of 781

yes, and, trying to use it, I have lost some email addresses; they are not appearing strictly in alpha order and one was corrupted.
This is very frustrating
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 765 of 781

Dear all

Am confused now , no surprise there , how many threads are there about BTs “New Improved Email .”

New email is rubbish

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-Email-Is-Rubbish/m-p/2057516#M83368

New BT mail layout

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-BT-Mail-Layout/m-p/2055285#M82754

Recent 2020email changes

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-BT-Mail-Layout/td-p/1904548/page/77

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 766 of 781

Re: Recent 2020 email changes

Dear all

Am confused now , no surprise there , how many threads are there about BTs “New Improved Email .”

New email is rubbish

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-Email-Is-Rubbish/m-p/2057516#M83368

New BT mail layout

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-BT-Mail-Layout/m-p/2055285#M82754

Recent 2020email changes

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-BT-Mail-Layout/td-p/1904548/page/77

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 767 of 781

I guess its a case of ignore the issues and eventually people will get fed up and go elsewhere. 

shame really as yahoo email is back to almost is best position in a long time. In my case my daily use account has not as yet moved over to BTMail - probably moving over as I speak but when it does I guess I will have to make a choice. 

As I've said before I am an ex employee with a vested interest in BT not failing but to be honest what I've seen of the BTMail leaves too much against to hold me to staying with BT. That said it will be a measured decision as I can usually get better value at the end of my contract by not just accepting increases but looking across the market and finding what offers best price against best service for my household. Once the mail is no longer working for me I can actually make a more useful decision - that's not to say I will not stay and find another way but it will be the price of keeping eMail that has always been a key factor in not moving in the past. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 768 of 781

YEAH !, Dont know whats happening with this BTmail, BUT I use IMAP and sometimes sent messages are not there but on my PC, said sent !. SO users are waiting for a response only to find BTmail has not got/sent mail !!!.

NOW I usually send mymail add along with message so I know its got to BTmail BUT that appears to be no guarantee that its been sent. What to do ?.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 769 of 781

If you thought last year's service was bad, the new "improved" email is several magnitudes worse.

Currently been waiting over 5 minutes for the login page to load & when it does, the average time to load each email to read is 30 seconds & more.

The logical up & down next/previous arrows have been replaced with meaningless & illogical left & right arrows & I can no longer start reading my emails from the oldest unread first, as on deleting, I'm sent to the older, rather than next newest email.

Extra steps are now needed to move emails between folders & on replying to an email, you need to be a touch typist, as hitting the enter/return key then typing produces nothing, as you need to hit enter twice to start the next line.

This is a third rate service, signed off as fit for use in a demonstration of crass incompetence & change for changes sake.

When is BT going to fix this rubbish?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 770 of 781

Aye...a truly second rate service from one of the worlds largest IP's.

I really don't understand why BT is content with such a shockingly poor email service.