cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enix
Contributor
Message 11 of 684

Re: New BT Mail Layout

I am using the Edge browser to access BT Mail.  I have been using this particular browser, with no problems, for a long time.  For some reason there seems to be no way to vertically scroll down the screen to access folders.  The folders are there, as when I zoom out, essentially making the text very small, the folder icons are visible.

There should also be options for people using BT Mail to customize their BT Mail home screen to their individual liking, i.e. the ability to reorder the icons on the left of the screen: Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Spam, etc.

smithsandfrey
Beginner
Message 12 of 684

I've been changed to the style email format today (13/12) and I can't put emails into folders! Can get get the bit saying add to filders but the email then goes into nowhere and can't put it into the folder i want.

Who's the tester for this? They need re-training or sacking. It's dreadful.

Less emails on show in the list as well, with too much space either side of them.

venusbluejeans
Beginner
Message 13 of 684

How can Iook at an email full screen??? double clicking it will just open a new window for me to look at the email..... I don't want that, I would like to click on the email and it be shown there and then.

I know there is a preview screen for the email you pick but it takes up half of the screen......to actually see anything you have to either have your list of emails at about an inch in height or the preview! there is no room to see anything.. (yes I have found the options on to where you have the preview screen but it is of no use!) why not just have it that you click it on the email and it brings it up like it used to be!

I had several rules set up to send my emails to different folders, those had all disappeared I have set them up again but the emails are still just appearing in my inbox and not in the folders.

The inbox/folders on the left.... what is the point in having themin a tiny box with a scroll bar on it?? and then have loads of wasted space?? I am guessing for those who don't have adblock like me then it is a space that is taken up by adverts?? are you trying to give as much space up to advertising as possible??

Sorry I really don't like this 'update' and it certainly isn't an upgrade at all...

venusbluejeans
Beginner
Message 14 of 684

Also no pictures are showing on any emails, they just show as broken links!

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 684

@venusbluejeans wrote:

How can Iook at an email full screen??? double clicking it will just open a new window for me to look at the email..... I don't want that, I would like to click on the email and it be shown there and then. 

As far as I am aware you could not view emails on a full screen on the "old" system. If you want a full screen you need to double click which will bring up the new window and you then have to maximise it by clicking on the maximise button at the top right. 

In the "view" setting select "none". You then only need to single click on the email title for it to open in a viewing pane not a new window. 

I know there is a preview screen for the email you pick but it takes up half of the screen......to actually see anything you have to either have your list of emails at about an inch in height or the preview! there is no room to see anything.. (yes I have found the options on to where you have the preview screen but it is of no use!) why not just have it that you click it on the email and it brings it up like it used to be! It does, see above.

I had several rules set up to send my emails to different folders, those had all disappeared I have set them up again but the emails are still just appearing in my inbox and not in the folders.

The inbox/folders on the left.... what is the point in having themin a tiny box with a scroll bar on it?? and then have loads of wasted space?? I am guessing for those who don't have adblock like me then it is a space that is taken up by adverts?? Correct are you trying to give as much space up to advertising as possible?? Probably and before you complain, you agreed to having adverts when you signed up to the BT email system. It's in the Terms and Conditions which I am sure you will have read.

Sorry I really don't like this 'update' and it certainly isn't an upgrade at all...

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 684

@venusbluejeans wrote:

Also no pictures are showing on any emails, they just show as broken links!

Which browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

0 Ratings
venusbluejeans
Beginner
Message 17 of 684

Sorry wrong term, I meant that the message used to appear in the whole of the message part of the screen rather than full screen.

Not going to complain about the advertising at all... just that it seems silly having them all in that tiny space on the left with a scroll bar now.

Using firefox, but have now sorted out my Outlook and am using it now to get round my problems with the new update.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 684

An email client is the best way to access your email. No adverts, rules can be easily set up, folders easily set up and most importantly you can include a back up of your emails in your backup regime and store them safely.

EDIT: I have checked on Firefox and pictures load with out problem.  Have you checked that you are using the most up to date version of Firefox.

weirlj
Message 19 of 684

sorry no help but i can't access my folders either because i can't scroll down to them! they have student case studies in them and i REALLY need access to them. BT customer servce couldn't (or wouldn't) help. If you find a solution - please share....

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 684

@weirlj

As @gg30340 has suggested, use an email client. Here are the settings for the free Thundebird email client. You will be able to view all of your folders exactly as they are stored on webmail.

Using the Thunderbird e-mail client - IMAP connection - allows folder synchronization between devices

0 Ratings