Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 281 of 708

Re: New BT Mail Layout

@piglet22 wrote:
kchops
You're getting me confused now.
BT Yahoo mail users were migrated to BT Mail in early 2014.
Some were some weren't, there are still many customers on BTYahoo. The migration came to a halt mid stream in 2014/2015
Which email are you referring to?
Slight change of subject, so far, my BT Mail is untouched and still in "classic" mode.
As far as I'm aware, 'Classic' mode is only available for BTYahoo users, not BTMail users.
Is BT being selective in who they "upgrade"?

This thread is about BTMail which is being gradually rolled out so not all customers are on the new interface yet.

Whiskers
Contributor
Message 282 of 708

Not On BT Yahoo mail, different provider.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 283 of 708

@piglet22wrote:
kchops
Slight change of subject, so far, my BT Mail is untouched and still in "classic" mode. Is BT being selective in who they "upgrade"?

The migration to BTMail started in March 2014 and permanently stopped in September 2014 for unknown reasons that BT will not say. They are never transparent about this. Hence some users will still be with BTYahoo. The quantity is unknown.

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 284 of 708

@piglet22wrote:
kchops
Slight change of subject, so far, my BT Mail is untouched and still in "classic" mode. Is BT being selective in who they "upgrade"?

Not everyone was migrated from BT Yahoo Mail to BT Mail. There were difficulties and it was stopped, so there are millions still on BT Yahoo Mail.

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 285 of 708

Can someone give me a brief history of BTMail or the e-mail service provided by BT or it's predecessors? I'm only asking because I've been a BT customer since about 197? and would have signed up for their e-mail service when it became available. Daft question, how do the millions of BT Yahoo customers (e-mail service) know that they are still with BT Yahoo?
0 Ratings
kchops
Contributor
Message 286 of 708

I only know because I had a send receive error I use Outlook to automatically download my emails into my inbox and when I went to login to the email it came up with a page from BT Yahoo. In the old days when you logged into your email at the top of the right hand side of the page you would have the BT mail logo or I cannot remember but I think the BT Yahoo logo was the other side.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 287 of 708

The only way to tell is by Yahoo branding when logged in to webmail.

yahoobranding.jpg

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 288 of 708

licquorice
Interesting. I've never seen that heading. Digging though my archives that only go back to 2009, all my e-mails refer to @btinternet.com, but I must have been with BT Yahoo as I have e-mail delivery failure notices that have come from Yahoo.com. Time to go for a walk.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 289 of 708

@piglet22 wrote:
licquorice
Interesting. I've never seen that heading. Digging though my archives that only go back to 2009, all my e-mails refer to @btinternet.com, but I must have been with BT Yahoo as I have e-mail delivery failure notices that have come from Yahoo.com. Time to go for a walk.

Regardless of if you are on BTYahoo or BTMail your email address will be xxxx @btinternet.com.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 290 of 708

@piglet22wrote:
licquorice

Not sure what you mean ... Everyone would have been with BTYahoo prior to March 2014, the migration split the users.

If you login to webmail now, and don't see that item licquorice highlighted, then you are on BTMail.

Naturally all your emails will end @btinternet.com (or @btopenworld.com - which are effectively the same).

Delivery failures will have nothing to do with you being with BTYahoo - it depends on where the email was trying to go!

0 Ratings