cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 361 of 508

Re: New BT Mail Layout

It is a an email interface for goodness sake! It is not the end of the world and it is in my opinion nothing like as bad as some of the posters on this forum are making it out to be. 

You will either need to get used to it or find an alternative way of accessing your email whether that is by an email client or changing your email supplier.

0 Ratings
Whiskers
Contributor
Message 362 of 508

@gg30340wrote:

It is a an email interface for goodness sake! It is not the end of the world and it is in my opinion nothing like as bad as some of the posters on this forum are making it out to be. 

You will either need to get used to it or find an alternative way of accessing your email whether that is by an email client or changing your email supplier.

I am already over it, on chrome right click the purple banner, inspect element, new section opens up, right click highlighted item, delete element. Purple banner gone for that browsing session.

Adverts, I don't see any, ublock origin sees to that along with Adblock Plus.

The spell checker in Chrome sorts out the spelling so why people are banging on about that I don't know, you can always install one quite easily.

I am just peeved at the way it was introduced with no consideration and it not being as described, it is not faster, smarter or better and BT in its infinite wisdom has chosen to inflict this tripe upon us.

I was very loyal to BT but now after this debacle owe them no allegiance whatsoever.

This is the end of the matter for me.

thirlmere3
Beginner
Message 363 of 508

Once again thanks to piglet and DS for their help.

In response to their questions for what seems to be a singular problem. The issue of the moving curser only appears on BT mail. When I go to googlemail - as I am doing more - it isn't a problem. Writing this isn't a problem, nor is writing a document. It is just when I go into the new BT mail. As I said two mice have been tried and that made no differnece. When using my mobile device it does not happen. Checked all memory and lots are available. Diagnostic check of computer was fine and anti virus and malwear are up to date.

This morning I have a(nother) new issue. Now the curser just dissapears. One second I am writing away and the next nothing. Say what you like about the omni-shambles of releasing this email on an unsuspecting public at least it keeps the grey cells working and allows me to make new friends!

Regarding printing yes, if I file print all browsers are fine and quick. Its just I never used to file print. I agree that IE is rubbish and almost never use it BUT on my system now if I want to print direct from email I have to use IE for a quick response but to read mail Firefox works quicker. That is just me and mine and I seem to be a lone voice in this - which is very frustrating!

Upgrading to Windows 10. Yes I am aware I can get the free upgrade but at work we still use 7 and will until the end of the year so it makes sense to stay until then. I believe we are going to Linux in 2020 and I have to decide if I will go over to that, with all the compatability issues etc that entails or move to 10. On balance I will probably move to Linux but the jury is out on that. Let me get my email sorted! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 364 of 508

Do you have Adobe Flash Shockwave plugin or add on enabled in your browser. If you do try and disable it to see if that help the cursor problem. 

Have you tried Chrome to see how you get on with that?

0 Ratings
thirlmere3
Beginner
Message 365 of 508

Hello Distinguished Sage and you have earned your name.

I disabled Adobe as suggested and for the moment the curser is behaving itself. I say at the moment because who knows what other changes BT migh provide to "enhance" the system. 

So, it has taken about three weeks to get back to just about where I was before this started.  I still seem to be missing some older emails but I guess they will turn up eventually. I still don't like the new system but friends who use it on mobile devices say its easier, faster and all round a better product. Which does, I think, confirm what I thought all along; BT provided this "upgrade" purely for enhanced add revenue and to provide a product for the mobile market where everyone, apart from dinosours like me, now operate. Because we are dinosours we probably needed far more hand holding than BT provided and as I have said before considering they are a communications company they have really failed this time.

Without this forum I dread to think where I would be. So thank you all very much.

As for me - I am starting to migrite out of BT to my gmail account and by the time my contract is up I should be well ensconced in that. And when that happens I look forward to ending my near 40 year relationship with BT. Who knows if enough of us do it - change might happen. But don't hold your breath!

piglet22
Contributor
Message 366 of 508

The mobile market and streaming etc, etc. is definitely where the money is, but as someone who does coding, spreadsheets, CAD etc., no way am I going to work on anything but a PC. Mobiles are handy, but that's about it. Unfortunately, most of the development work by banks and network providers goes is into the on-the-run mobile "apps" - I hate that word - application?. You aren't a dinosaur. I wouldn't ditch BT on the basis of this shambles - I doubt whether any of the others, unless you go for a paid-up e-mail service, are any better. The answer again and again, is to use an e-mail program like Outlook. You can look at all your e-mail accounts, BT, Gmail, Hotmail etc. and within reason, these companies can mess about with their browser versions as much as they like, and you won't even notice it.
disgruntled4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 367 of 508

The recent posts have all said it in a nutshell.  The attitude of BT is an insult to their customers.  The final straw for me was when I sent out an email where the text mysteriously became partially corrupted.  BT mail is a joke.  I have set up gmail and I am in the process of migrating my BT mail to gmail.  Come the end of the contract BT will lose yet another customer.

cityangel
Contributor
Message 368 of 508

Thunderbird is no use to us Chromebook users, we're stuck with BT mail web browser

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 369 of 508

@cityangelwrote:

Thunderbird is no use to us Chromebook users, we're stuck with BT mail web browser

There are quite a few apps for Chromebook, including a Gmail one which would probably be one of the better ones.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 370 of 508

Unfortunately that is an issue with Chromebooks that use an older operating system, you can only use what Google allow you to use.

You can install some Android apps from the Google Playstore if you have the latest Chromebook software.

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7021273?hl=en-GB

0 Ratings