Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 431 of 708

Re: New BT Mail Layout

@johnclegg wrote:

Why haven't BT released a tutorial letting everyone know how to use their  new better system , I'm sure it would be a blockbuster at the local cinema..

John

If you have a look at the BTMail log on page you will see a green box above the logon boxes. It contains the link shown below, which explains some of the changes that have been made and how to use some of the features of the new user interface (UI)

See link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/64151

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 432 of 708

@johnclegg wrote:

Sorry

My error , found it

Top right   MORE ,drop down box, MORE again, view source, hit the button and I'm baffled,so much simpler????

What on earth does all this mean,all I wanted was confirmation it was from Facebook ??

If you don't understand or need to know all the information that is shown you should just scroll down the page where you will see "From,To, Subject, Date". This will show the full email address that the email originated from.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 433 of 708

@mary-da wrote:

I have to say I hate the new format - the font is difficult to read - I also had to increase its size.  Another complaint is that the confirmation boxes for deleting is a grey font on an even lighter grey background which is again difficult to read.  As a pensioner with eyesight not as good as it used to be this makes reading my emails very difficult and I think I will have open them in Microsoft Outlook.  I have been thinking of leaving BT and this is just another reason for me to go.  Please at least give us the option of using the previous version.

Hi @mary-da,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.  I am very sorry to hear that you are struggling to see the various options when viewing your emails on the new webmail design.

A while back I posted about how one can access the accessibility options on webmail, which may make it easier to read for people who suffer from poor eyesight.  It's quick and easy to do so if you want to give that a try to see if it offers an improvement, all you have to do is continually press the 'tab' key (usually located above the 'Caps lock' key on your keyboard), once logged in to webmail.

A message box will appear asking you to confirm if you want to switch to the accessibility option, once you click ok, you will be good to go.

Hopefully, this will offer an improvement for you and any other customers who suffer from poor eyesight.

Cheers

Sean 

0 Ratings
Henry65
Contributor
Message 434 of 708

Hi Sean. If you have been following this thread you will have noted the anger and frustration. Is anything being done about the new layout's failings?
I am 85, eyesight ca. 80% - but I don't need to change accessibility for other sites. Maybe this more than suggests that it is you / BT who is at fault and needs to listen to your suffering critics.
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 435 of 708

Oh Sean,

That answer is like asking someone who is having a heart attack - do you want a plaster?

The basic problem is that this new software just doesn't work!

It is not possible to switch from one account to another if like me and quite a few others you have several BT internet accounts. We used to be able to log onto the main account and then switch to the other accounts without having to keep entering a password. Now if you are lucky you might be able to switch once, but you'll then get thrown back to the login page.

Michael

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 436 of 708

Hi @Henry65 ,

Thanks for the reply and welcome to the Community.  I am so sorry that you do not like the changes that have been brought to the BT email web experience.

I appreciate that these changes have both disappointed and frustrated some customers and for that, I am truly sorry.  I do follow this thread with great interest and provide the feedback that you and other customers like you have kindly offered.

The rollout of the new webmail design started towards the end of last year and it is being rolled out in stages.  The reason for this, in part, is so that the product team can review feedback from customers and then try and make improvements to the design and rollout process before the next batch of customers gets moved over.

While I cannot offer to revert your webmail experience back to what it was, I can try and assure you that the webmail design is ever evolving and we are always trying to make improvements.  I can appreciate that it may be frustrating in having to use the accessibility options that are available on BT webmail when you don’t have to bother with this on other sites, but hopefully, this will offer an improvement.

If this hasn’t helped at all then may I suggest you try and set up an email client?  I know this may seem daunting especially if you have only ever used webmail, but the process is straight forward enough and if you run into any difficulties there are many experienced email client users here on our community that would be happy to talk you through what you need to do.

I can start that off by offering a help article which will tell you all you need to know in setting up a mail client, please see this link, Information on setting up BT email via an email client

Henry65 I am very sorry that through the changes we have made, you are feeling frustrated, that certainly is not our intention.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Henry65
Contributor
Message 437 of 708

Hi Sean,

I know you are trying to be helpful but your advice does not help me at all, and offers no hope of early solutions to my and other's problems. I know nothing about webmail and prefer not to have to. I used to be with virgin, using OE and that all worked fine - and so did BT. 

I think that the faults I've raised are pretty basic ones (and I cannot be your only complainant) - but they have not been attended to in the past months. And here's another irritant. The BT services advert spontaneously overlaying the screen. I don't want that frequently thrust in my face - if at all.

Right now I'm now weighing up the massive inconvenience of changing to a different server, and though it goes againt my preference not to speak out against a British company I shall continue to forcefully recommend that people shun BT email, in fact BT altogether. But I doubt my ca.£80 per month will cut much ice with mighty BT.

Regards, Henry

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 438 of 708

If you were used to using OE, Claws Mail will look very similar and is a free download. It will be far superior to using webmail.

johnclegg
Contributor
Message 439 of 708

Some of my "hyperlinks" , if this is the right phrase , are not working..

eg

" https://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33622&goto=newpost" ,

but is working when copied to here ????

John

0 Ratings
oldles
Contributor
Message 440 of 708

Oh Sean... You keep offering alternatives.. and  "I am so sorry that you do not like the changes that have been brought to the BT email web experience."

I have experienced so many times ... so many companies do not learn.  Change does not equal Improvement ...   Afraid your  customer empathy is not working with me... BT should have had a beta run with a range of real users.. or offered the previous layout for us stick in the muds...

( i still get spellcheck stupidity here ... BT is red squiggled...  stvick is not , because I went back down the line and put a ' v ' in stick  ? )..