Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 611 of 781

Re: New BT Mail Layout

To view images:- Log onto your email account and go to the settings which are found by clicking on your email address/user name at the top right. When the settings open go to Mail > Block Images. select the box "Allow All Images". Click "Save".

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 612 of 781

Good morning Alison

The screenshot was interesting - blank. I wonder what is going on.

I notice you are using Chrome. I'm not a huge fan of Chrome and in terms of browser use, I rate them 1) Firefox, 2) Chrome, 98) Edge, 99) IE

Let me see if I can insert a couple of images (taken with Snipping tool)

BT (1).JPGBT (2).JPGBT (3).JPG

These are from the browser version using Firefox. You will see at the top left "Webmail - Firefox"

These are the result of double-clicking on the subject "header" and are what oldles described as the orphan window

It's a fully functional window in it's own right and has all the reply etc. stuff in the three dots menu

You'll notice "show image" on the right of the first image and the second image shows the result. The third image shows it again in the forum image. Not very helpful, but there is a similar function in Outlook.

I think the first thing you need to do is try Firefox and see what you get. If you don't have Firefox, you can download it by going to the Firefox webpage - it may show as Mozilla Firefox. There clearly is a difference between Chrome and Firefox in the way it deals with BT webmail, but I'm not going to get into that one. The only thing I would add, is that my Firefox is "out of the box" without any changes to settings etc., other than Norton security.

None of this may help with the problems you experience and ultimately you may have to use a client - I'll let licquorice help you with that.

As an aside, did you find the Snipping tool? Print Screen on my PC dumps the image into OneDrive with no opportunity to select a destination. Snipping has all the usual save and save as. If you double click on the image in File Explorer (wherever you saved it), it opens in MS Photos. At top right, you have edit and create. Click on that and you have a reasonable editing sub-menu. At the bottom is something like 3D photos. It's the old MS Paint, I think. There are a full set of tools including highlighting and erasing.

Good luck

0 Ratings
AlisonS1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 613 of 781

Hi piglet22

Very interesting. I did use Firefox at one stage but changed to Edge because it seemed kinder on battery-charge life, and then to Chrome because one website I use frequently did not work with Edge. Maybe I should go back to Firefox as you suggest. My "orphan window", as oldles describes it, has nothing "clickable" at all, and no "show image" option. The weird thing is that I don't always get these blank windows; it's a problem that comes and goes, perhaps as a result of some sort of tinkering the BT people are doing with this mess they have created?

I didn't find the Snipping tool you mentioned. PrintScreen didn't save the image to OneDrive as it does for you. I pasted the screenshot into a Word document, saved the screenshot as a picture, cropped the picture to hide my email address, then re-sized it to get it down to an uploadable size. So I (sort of) got there in the end, but was only able to edit the image rather crudely, by cropping it. Goodness knows where the snipping tool is!

AlisonS1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 614 of 781

PS Have just managed to find the picture editing tools you mentioned by opening the image with "Snip and Sketch". Gosh, I am learning all sorts of things, even if I haven't got to the bottom of BT webmail's idiosyncrasies. Thanks piglet22!

0 Ratings
AlisonS1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 615 of 781

Just checked this. It was already set to "Allow all images" so that doesn't seem to be the problem, but thanks for trying.

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 616 of 781

Alison
The Snipping tool has been around for quite a while and came bundled with the Windows 10 upgrade. It has always sat on my Taskbar, the very bottom of the Win 10 screen. For quite a while now, I get messages saying that Snipping tool is moving, but it never moves. I think there are plans afoot to get rid of it (same old story) and replace it with Snip and Sketch. Snipping tool comes up in a search (start button, magnifying glass). I just tried Snip and Sketch and didn't like it - dark screen so you can hardly see what you want to select. Why oh why do they take something reasonable, tinker around, relaunch it as the next best thing to sliced bread. Sound familiar?
PS This is all done with Win 10 Pro, but shouldn't make a difference whatever version
0 Ratings
AlisonS1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 617 of 781

No snipping tool in my Taskbar. I did find it by searching as you describe (you're very good at this!) and have now pinned it the taskbar. I also saw the message saying that the snipping tool is moving etc etc. As you say, they just don't seem to be able to stop tinkering, even if what is already available is perfectly adequate and what they replace it with is inferior.

rugbyguy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 618 of 781

The system "Refresh" has made it harder to use !. Also getting IMAP4 Errors on unchanged mail system, same result on 2 M/C's. It appears to be your sent folder copy thats screwing things up !. This then loses the mail copy customer has sent. This is poor management, you should do a customer survey and properly test instead of using your customers to test !!!. YOU KNOW ALL THE PROBLEMS get them FIXED ! please.

johnclegg
Contributor
Message 619 of 781

Rugbyguy

Welcome to the madhouse....

John 😉

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 620 of 781

rugbyguy

Can you clarify what you mean by system Refresh and 2 M/C's?

I'm guessing M/C is Mail Client - which ones?

IMAP errors are not uncommon, typically I get something like "IMAP has closed connection"  in Outlook. It's trivial as closing the message just clears it and back to normal.

0 Ratings