cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 671 of 708

Re: New BT Mail Layout

Get an email client and start enjoying life again.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
disinterested
Beginner
Message 672 of 708

Re: very slow log in to email account

email client??? Thunderbird???? please explain for the slow-witted
0 Ratings
disinterested
Beginner
Message 673 of 708

and change every login based on my email account...... give me strength!
0 Ratings
disinterested
Beginner
Message 674 of 708

Complaint to CEO did provoke a direct contact from his office but frankly it was a waste of time.... BT is as usual failing its customers
0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 675 of 708

You mis-understand how a client works.
It connects to your BT e-mail account the same way as the web browser does.
The client then takes all the e-mail data, inbox, sent etc., etc. and presents it in a more user friendly way.
All you have to do, depending on which one you use (Outlook, Mail for Windows, any of the free ones already mentioned) is add your account, or more than one and the client does the rest.
Absolutely no need to change any login information, passwords etc.
As quite a few others have said, including me, is by using a client you don't get any of the browser problems and certainly no need to write to CEOs, not that they are going to do anything about it.
BT can do what it likes with its browser, but possibly some of the grief might filter through the thick walls of BT.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 676 of 708

@disinterested wrote:
email client??? Thunderbird???? please explain for the slow-witted

An email client is a programme which allows you to manage email on your desktop without manually connecting to the provider's website. It will download new messages automatically, provides a platform for sending, replying to, forwarding, and storing messages, and includes necessary related functions such as an address book. Mozilla's Thunderbird (google it) is a popular free one, which I have used without issue for many years.

Users will tell you that an email client is way more intuitive than webmail and also more secure given that your stuff is stored on your computer rather than in the cloud.

EDIT:  See also the reply from @piglet22 on the other thread

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 677 of 708

...and also you can keep your address book in the e-mail client and not on the web, which means if someone manages to hack your account they don't get your address book, which is often what they're after.

0 Ratings
disinterested
Beginner
Message 678 of 708

I work between iPhone and Windows laptop - and need access to my email (and folders) on both. I doubt that can be achieved through the way you suggest....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 679 of 708

Of course it can, configure a mail app on the iPhone and mail client on the Windows laptop as IMAP and everything will sync between both devices and webmail if you want to quickly check on another machine.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 680 of 708

@disinterested wrote:
I work between iPhone and Windows laptop - and need access to my email (and folders) on both. I doubt that can be achieved through the way you suggest....

How do you presently access your email on your iPhone. Is it with a web browser or an email app?

See link about using an email client.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9962/~/setting-up-your-email

0 Ratings