cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildings55
Beginner
Message 61 of 542

Re: New BT Mail Layout

Will it be possible to revert back to the old email format as I cannot use the new one as it is too cluttered?

I have been offered a really good broadband deal from SKY and feel it is time for a re-think.

maewilliam
Beginner
Message 62 of 542

If you read previous responses - doesn't appear to be possible  - there is also guidance to use other e-mail platforms but I havn't been brave enough to try them. Had a great call back from BT support which helped some issues and they reported that they are working on the others that have been fedback by us and others. Try telling BT your issues when you get a pop-up for feedback after using this site - worked for us

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 63 of 542

You don't need to be brave, if you don't like them, don't use them but I think once you have tried a mail client you won't want to go back to the abysmal interface of webmail.

0 Ratings
wildings55
Beginner
Message 64 of 542

Thanks - I don't really have a problem with BT - just the new email layout. The Windows 10 layout is much better. Seems a shame that after being loyal to GPO/ BT I am now having to complain after 50 years of continual (telephone) use. Thanks for your views.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 542

So stick with the W10 app then.

0 Ratings
Hoth_System
Message 66 of 542

WOW..!!

What an absolute unmitigated disaster the new BT Email "Upgrade"  Layout actually is...!

I was "Upgraded" to the new Layout before Christmas and like many other people, are finding it an unamusing joke to use..

For example... anyone tell me why, when writing an email it keeps putting three  x3 carrage returns (enter key presses)  between each sentence?

Another issue.. type a letter on say.. word pad (windows 10) copy and paste it into a new email to be sent.. and it erases ALL carrage returns..!! So you just end up sending a wall of text.

Also.. occasionally, when trying to "drag 'n' drop" an email into a folder, it simply won't move it into the folder.. you can only move the email by clicking on the "more" tab, then selecting "move to" then select the folder you wish to drop into.

How very antiquated...

At what point is this new BT Mail Layout an improvement over the previous build...? easy answer.. it isn't.

The new upgrade is also so... s l o w  compared to the previous email system, which worked really well.

It's clearly been designed to work on fast computers.. and beta tested by BT's custmoers.

Before anyone asks.. using an i7 Intel PC with 16GB ram and Windows 10.

Hoth_System
Message 67 of 542

0 Ratings
Hoth_System
Message 68 of 542

You seem to be missing the point.. The BT Email is a service that is offered and BT Customers PAY FOR.. to use as part of their package. Before the new Layout it actually worked really well.. now it's broken. Are BT interested in a giving a Customer refund?

Not exactly helpful some of you blithering on about using POP3 servers etc..

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 69 of 542

@Hoth_System wrote:

WOW..!!

What an absolute unmitigated disaster the new BT Email "Upgrade"  Layout actually is...!

I was "Upgraded" to the new Layout before Christmas and like many other people, are finding it an unamusing joke to use..

For example... anyone tell me why, when writing an email it keeps putting three  x3 carrage returns (enter key presses)  between each sentence? It's because the default setting "compose message in rich text format" is ticked. Untick it.

Another issue.. type a letter on say.. word pad (windows 10) copy and paste it into a new email to be sent.. and it erases ALL carrage returns..!! So you just end up sending a wall of text. As above.

Also.. occasionally, when trying to "drag 'n' drop" an email into a folder, it simply won't move it into the folder.. you can only move the email by clicking on the "more" tab, then selecting "move to" then select the folder you wish to drop into. I use drag and drop on Chrome and it works without problem. May be an issue if you use Internet Explorer or Edge which both seem to be problematic with many things not just email.

How very antiquated...

At what point is this new BT Mail Layout an improvement over the previous build...? easy answer.. it isn't.

The new upgrade is also so... s l o w  compared to the previous email system, which worked really well.

It's clearly been designed to work on fast computers.. and beta tested by BT's custmoers.

Before anyone asks.. using an i7 Intel PC with 16GB ram and Windows 10.

0 Ratings
Gary_C
Contributor
Message 70 of 542

@Hoth_Systemwrote:

You seem to be missing the point.. The BT Email is a service that is offered and BT Customers PAY FOR.. to use as part of their package. Before the new Layout it actually worked really well.. now it's broken. Are BT interested in a giving a Customer refund?

Not exactly helpful some of you blithering on about using POP3 servers etc..

Its not blithering, its a useful, functional suggestion that maybe useful to some.

0 Ratings