cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldles
Contributor
Message 711 of 715

Re: BT Email changes

Linux.mint 19.2   cannot stand windoze 🙂  Yes Firefox, but happens regardless of tabs ... It is poor code... purple 'thing' pops up after a couple of seconds after the sign in box..

0 Ratings
maewilliam
Aspiring Contributor
Message 712 of 715

Over 1 year on and 711 posts since we first responded (see post 2) to the notice introducing the 'new' format and many others are still commenting on how something that worked was 'fixed' when it was not broken. We struggle on and have given up documenting the various hassles we have using the 'new' format - Please revert to Classic and give all fellow contributors a Happy New Year

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 713 of 715

Oldles

I work with Linux and Windows. The most stable, solid computers I have is are Dell Studio 2012 vintage running Ubuntu 12 something, all 32-bit and a 64-bit PC running Ubuntu Bionic Beaver 18 something. But for day to day heavy spreadsheet and coding work, I use Windows, mainly because Office works nicely most of the time and a lot of other stuff is simply too much hassle  to set up on Linux. I've tried all the Libre Office stuff and it just doesn't cut it.

Where Windows does fall down is that it jis ust too complex as evidenced by the monthly updates that spawn yet more problems. I hate Windows updates with a vengeance - I do everything I can to delay the evil day.

Going back to the mail business. I don't think it's half bad, now, and from what I can see, I would be hard pressed to see what could be improved. It's clean, free of ads, does everything I tried.

My ladyfriend who first brought the changes to my attention, and who hates anything more technical than a lightswitch, now copes nicely with BT mail. Mind you, she has no choice as the mention of mail client will bring the walls down.

Having said that, you have to wonder why BT introduced the new look thing in the first place. Probably £50 prize in the suggestions box, just like the new, sleek, clean looking logo/icon thing. I wonder how many ad agencies that went through. Next it will be GPO

0 Ratings
piglet22
Aspiring Expert
Message 714 of 715

maewilliams
It ain't ever going back to "classic". Too much time and effort has gone into what you have and it would admitting defeat.
As far as BT are concerned, mail is an add-on that they have to do but they would rather not.
As I said to Oldles, I think it is acceptable for something provided by a commercial set-up. BT can do what they like, but they have made changes and personally, I think it is as good, if not better, than the "classic" format.
Where I will agree, is that it has been a long, difficult struggle to get to this point.
Updates and upgrades are meant to be improvements, building on what you had before, but not in this case
0 Ratings
oldles
Contributor
Message 715 of 715

I just posted on the BT web mail"Feedback" tab on the sign in page .. about the jumping / clearing as it opens,, expect it will be fixed now..
0 Ratings