cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoth_System
Message 71 of 219

Re: New BT Mail Layout

Useful to a handful of people at best.. not to most of the BT Customers on this thread or in general,  as you can clearly read for yourself.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 72 of 219

@Hoth_System wrote:

Useful to a handful of people at best.. not to most of the BT Cuastomers on this thread or in general,  as you can clearly read for yourself.

I think you are very mistaken when you say  "Useful to a handful of people at best".  If you access your email on a mobile phone or tablet you will almost certainly be using an email client or as they are called on those devices an "app" and I suspect there are more than a handfull of people using those devices.

Like wise on a PC or Laptop. Many people use the Windows 10 email app. That is an email client.

Many people, probably in the millions world wide use "Outlook" which is an email client.

Gary_C
Contributor
Message 73 of 219

@Hoth_Systemwrote:

Useful to a handful of people at best.. not to most of the BT Customers on this thread or in general,  as you can clearly read for yourself.

Just pointing out that its reasonable for people to try and help with a suggestion without being accused of 'blithering'.

No need to be aggresive or insulting to people trying to help Smiley Happy

Hoth_System
Message 74 of 219

So BT have an actual BT Email app..?

Where can I download it iOS or Play store?

0 Ratings
Hoth_System
Message 75 of 219

I'm not being aggresive or insulting to people trying to help.. 

Unless you are prepaired to give exact, step by step instructions on how to download and configure an email client, to people who are not I.T. literate, then proposing such an idea is worthless.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 76 of 219

@Hoth_System wrote:

So BT have an actual BT Email app..?

Where can I download it iOS or Play store?

Where did you form the idea that "So BT have an actual BT Email app" from? It was never said or inferred in any of the previous posts.

iOS has its own email app that works very well with all email systems including BT Email. There are also a shed load of other email apps on the market for both Apple and Android devices so there is no need for BT to develop its own.  

Do you have a mobile device, do you get your email on that device, does it use an email app, did you need to be talked through setting it up by looking on this forum?

EDIT: Incase you are not sure how to do it and so that nobody can be accused of giving worthless advice

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9962/~/how-do-i-set-up-bt-email-on-my-computer-or-mo...

https://support.google.com/android/answer/7664951?hl=en-GB&visit_id=636848101491291272-2254144165&rd...

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201320

0 Ratings
Hoth_System
Message 77 of 219

Wow... what a salty response,

Although not exactly unexpected looking through your past posts on here.

Presumably you work for BT (IT dept for new BT Mail Layout) or have a vested interest in the business..?

I find it extraordinary that a business such as BT (a communications business no less) does NOT in 2019, have an email app.. it's simply mind blowing.

No I don't own a mobile phone, before you get too triggered and start editing your post, to include a swathe of irrelevent links.

Ow.. just seen you've already done that.. how very predictable.

Having read through this entire (7+ pages) thread of BT Customers, hating on the New BT Mail Layout, I would kindly suggest you actually stop defending, the indefensible, which is BT have royally messed up the otherwise perfectly working BT Email with the new Layout.

It really is that simple.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 78 of 219

I do not and have never work for BT or any part of the BT Group.

I just take exception when people post remarks that are at best misinformed and at worst completely wrong.

Could you please point out where I have defended BT regarding the changes to their webmail page? 

All I can see is where I have tried to help people, such as yourself, who have found problems using the email page.

As you would appear to be on here just to moan and make personal comments about people who try to help, which is always a sign that they have nothing constructive to add, I'll leave you to it.

0 Ratings
Hoth_System
Message 79 of 219

I'll reserve my judgement on your affiliation with BT or the BT Group..

Well, if you would be so kind as to actually help, that would be appreciated.

So..  from my initial post I stated:

"Can anyone tell me why, when writing an email it keeps putting three x3 carrage returns (enter key presses) between each sentence?"

"Another issue.. type a letter on say.. word pad (windows 10) copy and paste it into a new email to be sent.. and it erases ALL carrage returns..!! So you just end up sending a wall of text."

Any answers to why this is occurring on the New BT Mail Layout, Distinguished Sage,  other than use an email client..?

Your "Help" so far has been comparable to taking a car into KwiK-Fit complaining of a flat tyre... only to be told "Not a problem, take a Bus instead".

Is this as good as it gets?

0 Ratings
Hoth_System
Message 80 of 219

While you are at it.. you might help everyone on here https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-Email-Format/td-p/1907165 with said problems re: New BT Email Layout.

0 Ratings