cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver341
Expert
Message 21 of 27

Re: New BT Mail System - Disposable Addresses remain active?

Go to solution

I got the impression all BT users could create new addresses on BT Mail via: https://www.bt.com/appsconsumeraccount/secure/manageEmailAccounts.do

This is quite separate from the migration operation of existing BT Yahoo mailboxes.

Perhaps others can check my link and see if it allows new BT Mail mailboxes to be created.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
ssrco02
Contributor
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution
I reckon there is something particular to my account so I have sent a query in to BT. I also tried following the links from the Help pages which take you through step-by-step how to add new addresses but that doesn't work either and the screenshot options they show in the guide are slightly different to the ones that come up. Probably something to do with all the changes going on.
Anyway, Thanks for the suggestions and I will wait on an answer.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 27
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
TheCustomer
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

Why was my post moved from this thread where it was clearly responding to a post made above which had asked if others were experiencing the same problem?

Is this another example of one of the other problems I was reporting,  namely the BT  evasive approach of saying "Oh that's another department"?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

I moved your post onto its own thread so that you could hopefully get answers and help specific to your problem which you might not have gotten as the this thread has been marked as Solved by the OP. 

EDIT: For you information I have nothing to do with BT. I am not nor have been employed by BT.

0 Ratings
TheCustomer
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

So if you do not work for BT why do you have the power to alter things on this forum?  Do you work for Lithium?

Surely you could have asked if the post should be moved?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. I do not work for either BT or Lithium.  I am what is known as a CL or community leader. see link about that.  This allows CLs limited management of the forum.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/Community-Leader-Programme-update/td-p/753530

I do not see why I should have asked if the your post should have been moved or not. It was in a thread that was clearly marked as being Solved, it was nothing to do with the tittle of that thread "New BT Mail System - Disposable Addresses remain active?" You were asking a question about creating and managing an email account.  It seemed to me and still does that you should have started a new thread

0 Ratings