cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

New BT Yahoo Mail

Presumably, like many others, I had to switch to the new BT Yahoo mail facility a few days ago.   I really wish I hadn't had to.   If the problems I am encountering continue, I really will have to find another provider.   I am extremely busy and the many issues are just getting too frustrating.

My initial, and basic question is - Where can I see a register of all reported issues with this facility, with BT ownership, actions in place or planned (to fix problem) and expected fix-date?   These are very basic requirements of any system support group.

As with (I assume) other users, my problems include :-  

3 times out of 4 I cannot print e-mails.

If, during e-mail creation, I left-click to reset my cursor, it goes somewhere completely different to that intended.

I am having to hunt for facilities that, with the old facility, were on the screen I was already using.

If I type even reasonably quickly, I have to wait some seconds before the screen catches up.

But mainly, compared to the previous version, it is so **** slow!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: New BT Yahoo Mail

Why not use a mail client like Thunderbird, it solves all of those problems?

0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Keith,

Being a busy, but basic user, totally non-technical in 2012, if you have a moment, could I have that in English (ie  what's a mail client)?

Thank you

Doug 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

you could have kept the classic as per this post  http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Keeping-BT-Yahoo-Classic-Mail-from-4-February/td-p/39678...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

imjolly,

Thank you.   A problem with a lot of this is that basic users, who only use/understand the facilities to the level they need to, would not know things like this.   All I know/remember is that I repeatedly got messages from BT saying that I HAD to switch by a particular (imminent) date, so I did.

Doug

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 12

@Doug_Adams wrote:

Presumably, like many others, I had to switch to the new BT Yahoo mail facility a few days ago.   I really wish I hadn't had to.

You didn't! Yahoo!'s ominous warnings about 04-02-2012 were scare tactics; so far nothing awful has happened to those like me who ignored them and stuck with Classic Mail. A couple of ways to get Classic Mail back are described in this thread: http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/HOW-TO-RECOVER-BT-YAHOO-CLASSIC-MAIL/m-p/348169#M12234. I don't know if they still work after the 4th - no doubt someone will post if not.

Otherwise KB's suggestion is a good one. Thunderbird is an effective email client, though setting it up just how you want it can cause a bit of head-scratching if you're not up with all the jargon.

UPDATE:  An email client is a program which automatically sends, collects and stores messages on your computer without the need to go to the host's website (in this case BT Yahoo!).

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@Doug_Adams wrote:

Keith,

Being a busy, but basic user, totally non-technical in 2012, if you have a moment, could I have that in English (ie  what's a mail client)?

Thank you

Doug 

It runs on your PC, and connects to the Yahoo server, and duplicates all of the folders on your screen.

You can read and reply to mail, and even print and archive stuff away, which you cannot do using webmail.

0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Dear potty person,

Thank you.   I think my basic issue is one of background.   Until I retired I was responsble in a major computer company for overseeing the installation of country-wide customer supporting systems and processes which were thoroughly and extensively tested before installation.   This BT facility seems to have been created and installed more in hope than expectation.   If I had installed facilities so riddled with errors and shortcomings, I would have been fired!

I still have my basic question unanswered which was/is "where are all reported problems registered by BT with their current fix-status, etc?".

Again, thanks

Doug  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

The display looks like this

0 Ratings
Doug_Adams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12