cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gterry
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

New BT email portal - do I need to change anything?

Go to solution

Hi there, I look after the computers and internet connections for two elderly relatives. They have BT Broadband on XP laptops and download their emails via OE (POP3), and post by SMTP. They don't use webmail. They have received 'warning' emails from BT about the change to the email portal. Do they (I) need to do anything to ensure they continue to receive their emails?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New BT email portal - do I need to change anything?

Go to solution

They don't need to do anything at the moment. When it is about to change over they will be informed what to do by email.

pibrochpat
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I have been warned that the new version will be available on 8 Aug. It is now the 6th, and try as I might I cannot upgrade. When I select the Upgrade BT Yahoo Mail link the BT Yahoo Mail page opens. Following the email instructions repeats the 'Your classic version of BT...' warning, and I am in a loop which at some point requires a repeat of log-in data. What is going on?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

new bt email won't be 8 august - later nearer end of summer I think

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pibrochpat
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
<new bt email won't be 8 august
Someone in BT wants a rocket. I received notification re update at 10:18 this morning, 6th August
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I think you are trying to update to the new BTYahoo email. If you go into a loop then it means you are already updated.

The OP was talking about the new BTMail which is coming out instead of BTYahoo. BT are dumping Yahoo and this is their new email system.

0 Ratings