Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris661
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

New BT email

My email has now updated to the new version, but I have some questions:

You have changed marking emails with stars to marking with flags. OK, but where are all my previously stared emails?  they are no more...they have not changed to flags, as I have no previous emails flagged. 

Where are the view options, that allow you to view emails based on : flags, or Unread. ?  

In contacts, where have all my Groups gone?  There are none, and there is no option to create groups. 

Please can we have a scroll bar for the email list panel.

Will you be making any updates?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New BT email

@chris661 wrote:

My email has now updated to the new version, but I have some questions:

You have changed marking emails with stars to marking with flags. OK, but where are all my previously stared emails?  they are no more...they have not changed to flags, as I have no previous emails flagged. Your email account has been migrated from BTYahoo email system to the BTMail system. The stars/flags from the Yahoo system were not carried over to the BTMail system with the emails probably due to it being a different system. 

Where are the view options, that allow you to view emails based on : flags, or Unread. ?  It depends on which "view" you are using. If you are using the "Preview to the right" you can sort by "flags if you click on the black down arrow beside the search box at the top of the email list.

If you are using either the "Preview Pane below" or "No Preview pane" the email list wil show the flagged emails and you can sort them by clicking on the "flag" in the menu bar. at the top of the email list.

To change the preview views click on the "change view" button at the right hand side. 

In contacts, where have all my Groups gone?  There are none, and there is no option to create groups.  There has apparently been problems with "Groups" not being carried over during the migration and users have had to set their "Groups" up in the new system. To do that you log onto your email account and go to the "Contacts" section then at the top of the list of contacts click on the "new" button. This will give you a drop down box where you can select the option to set up a new group.

Please can we have a scroll bar for the email list panel. There is a scroll bar on the right hand side. It is very faint but it is there.

Will you be making any updates? Yes see link

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527

0 Ratings
chris661
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your tips.

One more thing; I used to be able to preview attachments in a third panel on the right. This was much more useful, than changing the email panel to the preview panel.  Attachments seem to download automaticaly, when clicked on. Sometimes I don't want to download.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you click on the actual attachment icon and not the name of the attachment it will open without downloading.

These links might be of use.

https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/bt-email-settings-tips-auto-reply-signature-11364367965932

https://www.bt.com/help/email/we-ve-updated-your-email

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

I should have added that you can select "attachment view" from the "change view" list at the right hand side. If you select "attachment view" it will show all the attachments for all the emails that are in the folder you are viewing.

You cant hen either view the attachment by clicking on the attachment icon or download it by clicking on the attachment name.

0 Ratings
chris661
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I know, I much preferred it how it used to be 😞

0 Ratings