cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New BT mail is a shocking step backwards

I've just been moved onto this. Aside from the fact that it now looks so much worse, really clunky, does anyone know why the very useful multiple open message tabs facility would have been removed and why one can't see the senders details by hovering over it any more? Can someone really have thought these were an unnecessary feature that no one used or  liked? I've noted the clumsy suggested work around for seeing sender details, it's a poor substitute. Not read through all the complaints, there are so many. Time and again BT does this sort of thing, it's highly annoying. For the moderator: do you know of any plans to reintroduce these features or can some sort of a petition be set in motion to request it?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New BT mail is a shocking step backwards

MT10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

OK thanks, I see the 'hovering over address' will be dealt with but no mention of being able to keep multiple emails open in tabs as before or have I missed this?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

As far as I am aware there are no plans, at least in the short term, to introduce tabs.

This is not ideal but you can open multiple emails if you use a Preview Pane view. You can select different views by clicking on the "Change View" button on the right hand side.

Once you have selected a preview pane as your "view" you can double click an email in the list and it will open in a new window. You can have as many open as you need however you will have to close them all individually.

0 Ratings