cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4

New Bt email issues.

Hi All I have posted in a previous thread about two previous issues which two moderators replied to and said they will look into since then I have not heard from any Mods. I have also sent private messages to the mods but had no reply. All I would like is to understand is, are the 3 following issues I am experiencing known to BT and are they looking into them or is it a problem from my side the issues are: 

1. I was told previously that mail in trash folder gets emptied every 30 days automatically, I have mail that I have deleted longer then 30 days ago which is still in the trash folder and not removed yes this might be not a huge problem for some but this function when working correctly is very useful to me so please can a Mod advise is this a known issue for everyone and is it been looked into. I know I can tick a box in settings to "empty trash on logout" but that is not something that is useful to me I have my own reasons which I will not go into. 

2.  Autocomplete previously used email addresses never works or saves any previous email address I have composed mail to.  I have already checked in setting and ticked the box "enable contacts autocomplete" but that does not do anything. when I click on: contacts and then autocomplete that list is empty? I can manually add contacts through the contact list which works fine but the purpose of autocomplete is to save anyone from adding new contacts in the first place and it remembers a email you already composed to previously. Is this something BT are aware of and looking into?

3. Lastly I have noticed a bug that when I click on reply to any  email a window pops up so that you can compose your reply. If I compose my reply using that window once I have clicked on send email the email is not marked as replied to with a reply marker. my reply is sent without any problems I can see it in the sent items items folder but of course the original email i replied to should be marked with a reply marker which it is not doing. I have found a workaround for this which is not convenient what I do is when I click on reply to a email the first window that pops up if I then click on the enlarge window icon on that window it will open the reply email in another tab (full screen), if I then compose and reply to the email in the full screen tab the reply marker works perfectly fine and that email I have just replied to is marked correctly with a reply marker. I have tested replying to email using iOS mail app that works perfectly fine and and any emails I reply are all marked with reply markers on IOS mail app it is just when using Webmail through bt.com I get this problem. 

Please note I am on the new BT Mail and not BT yahoo. For all the questions above I am using Webmail through BT.com but I also check my emails sometimes through iPhone's IOS native mail app.  Questions 1 i cant test that on IOS mail app as this is a default setting from BT that cannot be changed. Question 2 on the IOS native mail app everything works fine my iPhone saves previously sent emails address  and remembers them it is only on webmail that autocomplete does not work. Question 3 again i have tested it using IOS native mail app and again that works fine I have had no issues it is just on webmail that I get the issue with when replying to mail as described above. 

Again please note yes the above questions are not a major problem but I would like to know are those issues known and been looked into as I use webmail on a daily basis. I know there are many third party apps that work but I have my reasons to be using webmail which I am not going into. Please can a MOD reply to this thread as I have waited patiently previously and sent private messages with no reply. I do not want to go through BT and raise a complaint and wait for ages to be passed around as from my previous experince this community has been a great help especially the MODS. I ask kindly that a MOD replies. Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Bt email issues.

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you never got an answer to your PM. Our PM queue has been really busy over the last few weeks. We have had to prioritise our cases and we've been dealing with the most vulnerable customers first. 

You have asked a number of good questions so thank you. I've passed them onto the email team for them to answer. I'll post back as soon as I get a reply.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Hello @PaddyB,

Thank you so much for the reply. Believe me I totally appreciate your response as I know from past experience that BT community is the only part of the whole of BT that is knowledgable and your team are the most helpful compared with other departments within BT.

All the 3 issues I have raised as advised they are not urgent and I am still able to access and use my email through BT webmail as normal but just for my peace of mind and maybe for others who are also experiencing the same issues it will be great just to get a clarification that these are either known issues and been looked into or if they are not know issues then at least I can try some other fixes from my side as I have tried nearly everything for most of the issues with no luck. I am 99% certain all three issues are from BT as previously on BT yahoo mail I never experienced any of the above mentioned issues. Saying that again just to reiterate that when using BT mail through the native iOS iPhone mail app everything works perfectly apart from mail been removed automatically from trash after 30 days as this a default setting by BT and cant be tested on through the iOS app. If you can just get back to me with a response from the BT email team to either confirm my findings I will be very great full. Thanks again.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I had been out of the office for a few days.

My colleagues in the email team have got back to me and I hope this will help to answer some of the questions you have raised.

We autodelete trash contents after 30 days from the point it is moved into the trash folder.

Autocomplete should work for any addresses or nicknames that match your address book, however, if you were used to Yahoo, the autocomplete feature works differently – Yahoo had a more AI driven feature based on emails you have received from and sent to. It was not possible to export that data on migration.

A lastly regarding the reply to marker, this has been added to the roadmap.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings