Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: More Info : Disposable Addresses not working - BT Yahoo Mail

Go to solution

Just tested again.

Now I can mail out successfully with my new yahoo alias, 2 minute delay till receipt on same account but I get a bounce back when replying back from gmail. (and other sources)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

@gg30340 Thank you for your reply.

I did look at that thread before posting and it appeared to be similar, but not mirror my issue.

1. I'm on BTYahoo mail.
  2. I get no error messages at all during disposable address creation - currently 113 of 500
  3. The new @yahoo.com address appears successfully in my list of disposables (all others previously @yahoo.co.uk)
  4. The new .com address successfully appears in my "compose email" window address bar drop down
  5. I can successfully send mail from the new .com address
  6. Replies to these sent mails fail - Mail-Daemon returns - No account held
  7. New mails to the .com address also fail - same error

Sincere apologies if I've missed something here, please correct me.

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

I suspect that this is actually a problem that only Yahoo will be able to fix albeit you have a BTYahoo email account.

I doubt that there is anything any of the forum users will be able to do to resolve this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

@gg30340 Thank you. Extremely helpful.

I also suspected from the outset that it was likely to be Yahoo related, but I had no way to access the appropriate BT people who had the ability to address such a "one-off" issue / bug.

Your kind intervention is much appreciated. Once BT has been in touch, I will mark up the posts as solved etc.

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @WhiskyWerrington

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts!

Sorry for the problems you're having with the disposable email addresses you've created.  It's a weird one that you can send from the address but can't receive!

Send us over your details so that we can look into this from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

@RobbieMac Thx for your valuable intervention. I have mailed you as requested and marked this thread as Solved (to keep the Board tidy LOL!).

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is any further information that I can supply.

I note your comments about team resources and I wait patiently in the hope that you will be able to persuade your Yahoo colleagues to address the issue. (I'm convinced it's down to Y)

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

No Joy, with my attempts to raise with Yahoo, hopefully @RobbieMac will get more joy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

@WhiskyWerrington @RobbieMac Some has rasied this issue with Yahoo Customer Care on Twitter. No solution yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

@RobbieMac @SmellyPants @gg30340 Just in case you hadn't spotted it - Looks like Yahoo have fixed this issue now. Just tried a couple of yahoo.com test disposables and they both work incoming & outgoing.

Thanks to all for your interest and support.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

Fantastic, TYVM for the heads up @WhiskyWerrington I'd given up on this erver getting fixed. Cat Surprised

0 Ratings