cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

New Email Format

Go to solution

Having read previous 'New Email Format' posts and applied the advice given, BT appear to have downgraded this function.

Aesthetically the presentation is amateurish. The lighter font and smaller size makes for difficult viewing.

Spam continues to be troublesome with an increased number of emails received. It is no longer possible to delete in bulk and blocking senders is hit and miss. Is this a deliberate ploy to hack into people's mailbox?

The persistent BT Broadband advert is a nuisance. Previously it could be hidden with one click. Now every email opened requires its removal.

Response time is slow. A BT error message intermittently reports that the service is having problems and to try later Opening emails is frustrating. The symbols/icons are small and takes one/two attempts to click the right one.

I have two btinternet.com addresses. The secondary one shows the previous format. What has happened there?

All very shambolic.

Presumably there is a software fix in motion because as it stands this email is sub-standard and discouraging to use.

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: New Email Format

Go to solution

There is a BT Webmail Feedback thread for those wishing to comment on the "new" webmail. It also contains some information regarding how some of the changes now work. This thread is apparently being passed onto the Email Team so that they are made aware of the issues that users are experiencing.

BT Webmail Feedback - BT Community

Deleting multiple emails has been posted on the forum many times already as have most of your other comments.

If you want to delete multiple emails try the following.

If you hold down the shift key then tick the box to the left of the first email you want to delete in the list of emails then scroll down using the scroll bar on the right hand side and tick the last email you want to delete then release the shift key. It will select all the emails in between. You can then click delete or drag and drop them into the Trash folder. 

Email accounts are being moved over to the "new" BTMail interface in batches so your account which is still on the "old" format will no doubt be moved at some point in the near future.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution
Thank you!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution
Totally agree with everything you have said. Formatting is awful, writing is so small even at 14 or 18. Who sends text in an 18! The whole thing feels like a school kid made it. Absolutely awful
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

Besides the look which is OK, it is functionally inferior to the old layou:-

1. The centre bar does not pull down holding left mouse

2. As a result of above only 8 or 9 items can be flagged for further action. veryt annoying when you want to flag up 50 items as could be done before. It means several passes to cleanup the mailbox.

If this does not improve and make it at least as good as the old Yahoo design, I will quit using my BT email accounts and move to Outlook or Gmail which have good Webmail interfaces.

I like to check my BT account email via webmail for potentially dangerous content before opening my email client.

At the moment a step backwards in functionality. Please bring it up to Yahoo standards at the very least.

Message 6 of 29

Go to solution
That works a treat, thank you
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution
Thank you - that works . Pity no one thought to tell us that before changing the whole setup! I have better things to do with my time rather than scrolling through a pile of messages in community.
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution
Agree 100% A ridiculous backwards move.
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

Yes my husband and I are having a nightmare with the new BT format.

The cursor jumps to the start of the email every few words we type - just randomly in the middle of a word ! It's taking me ages to type a message as I have to keep correcting it.

Then the font changes size half way through the email. You can't see what font or size you are in even if you highlight a word - just a list to choose from.

Its an amateurish mess.

Please can someone tell me how I move back to the old format ? Thanks

Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

@AlisonH63 wrote:

Please can someone tell me how I move back to the old format ? Thanks

You can't.

0 Ratings