Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 23

Re: New Email Is Rubbish

@SandS wrote:

It is contemptible that BT use the deliberate trick of slowing everything down to force you to pay for a "Premium Service" . We already pay for it in our broadband contract and there is a reasonable expectation the service we did get when we started would continue - instead it is totally unusable -  20 mins to open the sent folder, 10 minutes to open an e-mail - can't search on the content of an e-mail just the headline content. Aghhhhh !!!!

Can you elaborate on your comment about how you know BT are using "the deliberate trick of slowing everything down to force you to pay for a "Premium Service" .

I presume you have not read this post from the BT moderators.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527

0 Ratings
JohninCornwall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Difficult to say anything positive about this new system, the design is confusing to say the least and it is totally unreliable. When you try to process multiple emails, marking them 'Read' or try to move them you get 'Unexpected Error' and if you try again the whole system freezes and has to be closed. 'Unexpected Error' ! Really, by now I would have thought BT should be all to well Aware of the potential errors.
And if this were not annoying enough there is the added joy of the error at sign in when often the screen goes blank with a small line of dialog top left 'BT Federation' What! Absolutely hopeless.
JohninCornwall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Still impossible to bulk file/action emails. 1 at a time seems ok but as soon as you start checking several the chances of a successful operation are virtually zero.
JohninCornwall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 23

Just noticed. I have, after deleting individually, 9 emails in my inbox. I checked 4 and tried to drag and drop them into Trash but now say '9 selected rows' 9!!! Not that it matters becasue it then fails to move anything.

Also the number of emails in the inbox does not reflect the emails shown, you have to 'refresh'.

0 Ratings
Sula
Beginner
Message 15 of 23

Have to agree. just found 99+ emails in spam box.... all normal ones and not a 'real spam' anywhere! Tried to add people to safe senders etc, makes not a whit of difference and I now am setting up a new email address elsewhere, suffice to say will be moving from BT asap

JohninCornwall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 23

AND - Tried to SETTINGS/EMAIL/BLOCK  SENDER

Box opens to ADD but once an address is added nothing happens nor does anything change, tried clicking on 'ADD' again but nothing, same with REFRESH & DELETE  'Block Email - But HOW?'Block Email - But HOW?

0 Ratings
JohninCornwall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 23

Can't help thinking if BT put a little more effort into basic services like sorting out this email fiasco and a bit less on adverts about football most of its customers would be far happier. The clue is in the name, British Telecoms!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

JohninCornwall

As per the example shown how to block domains, try adding a * before the @.

0 Ratings
Sula
Beginner
Message 19 of 23

After loads of emails being sent to junk had to laugh as the email from BT re a reply to this post was also moved to junk....

0 Ratings
johnclegg
Contributor
Message 20 of 23

It is a "good job" , that this "update to a new better email system " has been phased in over 12/18 months....could you imagine the outcry if everyone was moved over to this rubbish at the same time?

John 😉

0 Ratings