cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrj442
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

New Email Layout

Wher is the Spell Check function on the new email design?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Email Layout

There appears to be no spell checker built into the BTMail system however most browsers have a spell checker built in that should highlight miss spelt words as you type.

If you use Chrome, which has a spell checker built in, it will underline in red any incorrectly spelt words. If this happens you right click on the word and a drop down box with suggested words will be displayed and you can select the correct word.

If you are using Chrome and it is not checking the spelling as you type you can activate the spell checker by selecting an area of your email and right clicking, you should then get a box giving you an option for spell checking.

If you use Firefox you may have to go into the Options settings and tick the box "check my spelling as I type".

Internet Explorer also has a built in spell checker and it should be on by default.

I don't use Microsoft Edge browser so can not comment about that. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

I learnt to spell at skool Smiley LOL

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 7

The Edge browser has a spell checker which is similar to IE11.

i.e. right click on the underlined word.
You still have to know your spelling, though.
e.g. mis-spelt gives a correction to miss-spelt. Check in the dictionary! Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
mrj442
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hello. Thanks for this. 

However, after checking all settings, which seem correct ( Language and Spell Check to English) yet still no result. Certainly all worked well before the change over.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

What browser are you using?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 7

@mrj442 wrote:

Hello. Thanks for this. 

However, after checking all settings, which seem correct ( Language and Spell Check to English) yet still no result. Certainly all worked well before the change over.

In addition to @gg30340  post:-

If you are using Windows 10 browsers:- go to Settings > devices > typing.
You can see all the options for spell checking.
You can set all options to ON if you wish, and reset or remove options which you don't want, later. 

It may just set those options for other browsers by default.....you never know with
Windows 10.......

0 Ratings