Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holmelyn
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

New Email Usage from June, 2013

Help please, I'm a new !

Would someone from BT please clarify the following:  I'm using Outlook from my PC to automatically log into my various sub-accounts, ie "sending/receiving"email, every 10 minutes - does this constitute as "using" the email account.

Or would I physically have to send an email from my PC to each of my sub accounts to retain these email addresses.

I rarely log onto BT Yahoo, once every month to clear out any spam that might be there.

I find the new T&C wording a little ambiguous.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Email Usage from June, 2013

there are a few posts on this subject and search will help  here is main thread http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Changes-to-email-T-amp-C-removing-unused-but-paid-for-ac...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

The advice makes it clear that using an email client such as Outlook counts as logging in, so you have no problem with active accounts. The minimum necessary to hang on to an unused account is less clear, but BT have told me that logging in and viewing the Inbox is sufficient - no need to send or receive any messages.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
holmelyn
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Many thanks for your comments.   Brilliant news that BT will accept just logging on as sufficient to keep the email accounts.  However, knowing BT, it would be nice to see something official from them, IN PRINT, that this is the case........

Thanks again !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

0 Ratings