cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 50

Re: New Email system 'robot' check

Happened again (following first log in attempt whilst back using my VPN) - this is what I saw (and I ticked the right boxes and got back into my email)

Jules68_0-1711388946087.png

Looks official BT to me - since it did actually log me in to my BT Email account!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 50

@Jules68  You are not the only one getting the captcha robot box.  I avoid it ,for now, by using the  old  login pages that  I  have peviously bookmarked.   If I try using the route from Email  in the top BT banner,  it always goes to the robot check box that you pictured.  MyBT  also goes to the robot checkbox.  I dont use VPN or anything unusual.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 50

@mar10

Thanks for that confirmation. Although if it was just me that would in some ways be better (for everyone else!). 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 50

No you are not the only one, i mentioned this in another post on 23/3 thankfully i only got it a couple of times.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 50

Sadly my old BT Mail link still takes me to the new robot check log-in. Although that is whilst linked through the VPN. Interestingly on 2 occasions previously the force-log-out did allow me to log back in in the old style! So the solution offered doesn't work for me. Closing the BT Mail page, then logging out of my VPN, then logging back in to the BT Mail page goes smoothly, without the robot captcha stage, but that might be because I haven't shut down my PC and cleared my cookies. But this does clearly form part of the BT mail log-in system now, if only intermittent, despite reassurances.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 50

I don't mind using captcha ONCE if required but it repeats 3 , 4, 5 times its a nuisance!, another disaster on this awful email system. who makes this **bleep** and why don't they ask users before implementing it

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 50

My cousin has the same problem, whilst I do not. I am using Windows 10 and she uses Windows7.

In order to test things I went on to my old Windows7 computer and in both Chrome and Edge the robot check came up, so I am wondering if it is a Windows7 problem as this is no longer supported.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 50

I'm on Windows 10, so that's not it. If I pause my VPN it doesn't trigger the robot captcha dialogues. I'm using Nord and am on UK servers, so it's not an out of area thing either. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 50

I have just found out that when going to My BT from the BT home page you get the same new log-in page and that may have the robot depending on if it likes the computer or not.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 50

So far I have found that just logging out of my VPN allows me to avoid the robot captcha dialogue - so long as I have logged-in via my old url link - although if I exit from my VPN quickly enough the new link offered (which insultingly asks if I'm a BT customer) can also have the robot captcha bi-passed.

I don't think it's my computer causing the problem, it seems definitely the VPN. 

What is additionally annoying however is that there is no option now to click on 'stay connected' so I am forced off BT Mail 2 or 3 times a day.

I only use it to handle SPAM - to actually use email I use Thunderbird (a much friendlier and usable front-end) - but it's still annoying that my service worsens rather than improves as BT works to 'improve' its service.