cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GJ50
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

New bt email app

I can download  the new app but cannot log into it. The email helpdesk is as much use as a chocolate teapot. This is rather annoying as we are paying for a rollsroyce service but end up with a skoda 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: New bt email app

the app only works if your email has migrated from BTYAHOO to BT mail

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 9

Hi @GJ50,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear that you can't get logged into the new email app.

Are you getting an error message?

If you log into webmail on BT.com does it show as BT Mail or BT Yahoo at the top of the screen?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@GJ50 wrote:

I can download  the new app but cannot log into it. The email helpdesk is as much use as a chocolate teapot. This is rather annoying as we are paying for a rollsroyce service but end up with a skoda 

Until it improves, don't bother. Use Blue mail,far better and it works whichever version of mail you are on.

0 Ratings
GJ50
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Thanks I will give it a go 

0 Ratings
GJ50
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Tried it don't work unfortunately 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

I have used bluemail for years to pickup my various bt email including 2 migrated to BTmail and don't have any problems

did you use the BT mail setting

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/account-set-up/i-want-to-set-up-my-primary-email-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Select 'Other' when adding the account, enter your email address and password and it will just work.

0 Ratings
Williamsox
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I completely agree with you.

0 Ratings