cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joannasa
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: New email format - spam filter stopped working

Unfortunately the problem is still not fixed.  I had to speak to second line support again to explain the problem. If I don't get a fix this week will need to resort to the old fashion way of writing in (which fixed an ongoing previous issue).  It is just so frustrating - there is no point in having an email acccount if the spam filter does not work.  Can't believe it is taking them so long to look into.    What is particularly frustrating also is that second line support did call back but didn't leave a number.  When I called back on the generic problem line the first line support are unable to assist.

0 Ratings
joannasa
Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Just an update to say they refuse to see this as an issue and refuse to fix it.  Personally I find this as ridiculous - why have a spam filter option if nothing you mark as spam will go in there?   The workaround of creating rules also doesn't work as system is not acknowledging the rules.  Am really going to ask BT for a deadlock letter next week so at lease Ofcom can look into it.

0 Ratings
Pipster1
Beginner
Message 13 of 20

My email moved to the new BT account about a month ago and since then nothing goes automatically into my Spam folder.  I have tried marking it as spam and moving into spam folder but it does not work.  Nor is anything sent automatically to my Spam folder - everything in there I have moved there.  I tried ringing BT and they said there was nothing that could be done about it.  This is ridiculous as before the upgrade/transfer everything worked well. 

They said I would have to block the sender, but much of the Spam is from firms I have bought things from in the past and I might have dealings with again, so I am no keen to do this.

The fact BT have done nothing to fix this issue makes me think they do not value us as customers.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 20

@Pipster1 wrote:

They said I would have to block the sender, but much of the Spam is from firms I have bought things from in the past and I might have dealings with again, so I am no keen to do this.

Therefore it isn't spam, it is just email you personally don't wish to see, entirely different thing.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

@Pipster1 wrote:

The fact BT have done nothing to fix this issue makes me think they do not value us as customers.

It is not spam, it is marketing emails that you have agreed to by either not ticking a box or by ticking a box when you made the purchase.

There should be an "unsubscribe"  link somewhere in those emails that you should click and if that does not stop the company sending you emails you should contact the relevant company.

0 Ratings
Pipster1
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

I have ticked unsubscribe so will give it a go.  However previously I was able to mark them as Spam and then they would always be sent to that folder.  Would be useful to be able to do so again.

0 Ratings
Pipster1
Beginner
Message 17 of 20

Thank you for your help though.

0 Ratings
Pipster1
Beginner
Message 18 of 20

I completely agree with you.  The helpline person led me to believe I was the only person having a problem with this.  It is nice, in a way, to know I am not alone!

0 Ratings
NJM
Beginner
Message 19 of 20

I repeatedly put the same daily emails that were in Spam under Yahoo back into Spam under the new email system, which sadly is restrictive and going backwards.

i.e

no unread emails tab

no workable spam filter

no automatic opening of emails as you trawl down

Any positive comments from BT for an upgrade of the new system would be welcome!

0 Ratings
Pipster1
Beginner
Message 20 of 20

What is the point of marking something as Spam if the email system doesn’t recognise it as such in the future? Old system did this very well. 

0 Ratings