cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mal123
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

New email layout

I can not find how to move or delete messages on new layout now there is no bar at bottom of message box and I do not have a star at right hand side only compose and setting icon. I don’t like this set up at all.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: New email layout

There's are numerous posts about new email try the email forum  here is one 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-BT-Mail-Layout/td-p/1904548

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Make sure that you click on the "Change view" button and select "none".

You can then tick the email that you want to move or delete. If you look at the menu bar at the top of the list of emails you will see a row of buttons one of which is a delete button.  You can also delete an email by hovering your mouse of the email in the list of emails. This will show you a "trash can" icon on the right hand side. Click on that and it will delete the email.

If you tick the email that you want to move then click on the "more" button in the menu bar . This will give you a drop down box with more options one of which is to move message.

You can also drag and drop messages.

0 Ratings
dermbet
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

The new layout is very slow for bulk deleting messages. Is there a way to buk delete messages without having to click on menu and more. This is very cumbersome and slow. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@dermbet wrote:

The new layout is very slow for bulk deleting messages. Is there a way to buk delete messages without having to click on menu and more. This is very cumbersome and slow. 

Did you read the message above your post about selecting multiple emails and dragging and dropping.

If you are not sure how to select multiple messages you can do it in a number of ways.

You can tick the box to the left of the first message you want to delete the use the Ctrl key and down arrow or the Ctrl key and PgDn key until all the emails you want are selected. Then drag and drop into the trash folder.

You can also select the one you want to then holding down the shift key select the last one you want and release the shift key and it will select all the emails in between.

0 Ratings
dermbet
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Yes thanks I was aware of that. As I said it's really slow and cumbersome way to do it. I just want to click delete and have them all removed. Dragging takes time and  requires menus moving up and down and stuff. It's a bad system. It was better previously. It's slower now as well.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

You can select all the emails you want to delete then click the "delete" button in the menu bar above the email list without using the "more" button.

Delete.PNG

0 Ratings