cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New emails received but do not appear in my inbox

Hiya - since Monday, my email inbox only shows some the emails actually in there. In order to see any newly received ones, I have to use the 'Search the inbox' facility, filtering from the date I last checked them, to today's date.  I can then see them (and they are labeled 'Inbox'), but when I return to the inbox, none of them are there.

When I hover my mouse arrow over the Inbox folder, it tells me I currently have "Total: 61 emails; Unread 42" but I can only see 30 in the inbox and nothing beyond 23rd July. I am on BT Premium Mail and when I was checking my emails on Monday it did freeze and crash. Any help would be gratefully received! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New emails received but do not appear in my inbox

Try calling the BT Premium Email Team on 0808 100 6778 and they should be able to help.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you - I'll ty them!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hiya - I spent nearly half an hour on the phone with someone from the BT Premium helpline on Monday, but unfortunately despite them checking all of my settings and running a test, they were at a loss as to what the problem is. I only access my email via the BT email login page on a web browser (have tried both Google Chrome and Edge) and I am not using an email app, so POP3 instead of IMAP doesn't seem to be the issue. Tried downloading the BT Email app this morning to see if that made any difference, but still the same. Any thoughts or suggestions would be gratefully received!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Although you have tried using the BTMail app I would suggest that you don't until things on webmail have been resolved. Using the BTMail app while there is a problem could just muddy the waters. 

Have you tried clearing the history and cookies on your browser?

Have you tried a different browser?

If that does not work, which I suspect it won't, your problem will need to be escalated as it would appear that your email account has become corrupted in some way.

0 Ratings