cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanMM
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

New webmail marks emails as read

In the new BT Webmail, emails are marked as read after they have been highlighted for a second or two.  I can't find an option to switch this off.  Does anyone know how to leave emails as unread until I actively mark them as read?

Thanks

Ian

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: New webmail marks emails as read

@IanMM wrote:

In the new BT Webmail, emails are marked as read after they have been highlighted for a second or two.  I can't find an option to switch this off.  Does anyone know how to leave emails as unread until I actively mark them as read?

Thanks

Ian

Hi @IanMM 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Clicking on an email will automatically mark it as read as it displays the content in the reading pane.  This has always been my experience with using different domains.  However, you should have the option to mark the email as unread again if that is what you wanted to do.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
IanMM
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: New webmail marks emails as read

Hi @RobbieMac 

Thanks for your response but it doesn't resolve my issue.

You've explained how it currently works but I'm looking for the option not to have things automatically marked as read. This is standard in other email applications that I use and I'm pretty sure it was available in the old webmail because I never had a problem there.   This is a snip of the options screen in Thunderbird.

Thunderbird option.PNG

If the option is not available, is there a way to log it as an enhancement request?

Thanks

Ian

0 Ratings