Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 43

New webmail release 2.20.2

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you all know that we are bringing further improvements to your BT webmail through a new release, version 2.20.2 and this release was deployed last night 😀.  Release version 2.20.2 will bring the following improvements,

• Mouse-over to see email addresses and URLs under links!

You can now hold your cursor over an email address in the message list and over embedded links within the message body to see the email address/URL underneath. This is helpful to see potential spoofing of emails/links in phishing emails.

• When a message is deleted on a client it does not remove it from webmail (unless refresh carried out)

Webmail will now automatically refresh when a customer deletes a message on a client.

• Scaling of JPEG images when composing a message

When a customer inserts a JPEG image into the compose window it will no longer be added full size.  The image will be automatically scaled to fit.

• Clicking outside checkbox unchecks messages already checked

If a customer is selecting multiple messages and accidentally clicks outside of a checkbox the already selected messages will not be unchecked.

• Folder count not increasing when incoming email is moved by a rule

If a rule moved an incoming message to another folder, the folder count would not increase.  This has been fixed.

• Invalid address error when sending on webmail

This error was caused when a co-recipient had a space in the display name.  This issue has been fixed now.

• Selected e-mail does not change when the click is released after mouse move

If a customer moved their mouse whilst holding the right-click a different email would be selected.  This issue has been fixed.

• When moving multiple messages only one is moved

When moving multiple selected messages, if the mouse is not released after the last one, only the last one was moved.  This issue has been fixed.

• Webmail Search

We've made some improvements to the webmail search function so that customers no longer get an unexpected error coming up, and partial results should be displayed.

• Drag and drop recipients between TO, CC and BCC field

Customers can now move recipients between these fields just by dragging and dropping.

Email.png

• BT Internet address showing when sending e-mails for @talk21/@btopenworld when using Keep Me Signed In (partial fix)

If a customer ticked "keep me signed in" their e-mails would send as @btinternet.com rather than @talk21/@btopenworld.com when they next logged in. We have made some improvements in this area, if a customer bookmarks the inbox or https://email.bt.com/mail then the correct sending email address is retained, but not if they re-enter via bt.com/email. We are working to fix all routes in a future release.

• Help link was broken on the mobile version of webmail

The broken help link has been fixed on the mobile version of webmail.

• Error when updating the last login time

The last login time wasn't always getting updated and this was causing incorrect/repeat “Use it or lose it” notifications to be sent to customers.  This issue has been fixed.

• Poor wording for warning message when sending without a subject

We've improved the wording on the error a customer receives when sending an email without a subject.

More improvements on the way!

We have many more improvements coming soon including a major uplift of the webmail compose feature which will fix the problems customers have copying text from another program (e.g. Word) into webmail.

Please let us know of any feedback that you would like to share?

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
42 REPLIES 42
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 2 of 43

Re: New webmail release 2.20.2

@SeanDwrote:

Please let us know of any feedback that you would like to share?

Hi Sean, as you know by now this fix was badly awaited on and so happy it is now actioned!

• Folder count not increasing when incoming email is moved by a rule

If a rule moved an incoming message to another folder, the folder count would not increase.  This has been fixed.

If your team ever gets bored (LOL) one other aspect that could be greatly improved is the photo pre view when receiving a picture. The simple ability to zoom in directly (rather than having to save it, then open up in a proper photo viewer) would be just great!

0 Ratings
jack1289
Contributor
Message 3 of 43

Is there any update when return to search results will be sorted as per the original thread which said:

"Search – You have told us that if you search and this returns multiple results. Once you select one of the results you cannot easily back out to the search results, instead, you must rerun the search. You are able to navigate between search results by using the preview arrows. In our next update, we have added an exit button which will return you back to the search results"

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 43

@jack1289 wrote:

Is there any update when return to search results will be sorted as per the original thread which said:

"Search – You have told us that if you search and this returns multiple results. Once you select one of the results you cannot easily back out to the search results, instead, you must rerun the search. You are able to navigate between search results by using the preview arrows. In our next update, we have added an exit button which will return you back to the search results"

Hi @jack1289,

Thanks for the post.  We have a few more improvement to come to the search facility and adding an 'Exit' button is something we are working on and plan to roll this out in a future release.  This will then become available via the 'none' view.  I don't know when this will be but I will update you when I know more.  

In the meantime, you can navigate between your search results using 'preview', if you enable 'preview' and have this set to the right-hand side or below.  You will be able to scroll through all search results

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 5 of 43

With this new release, it has introduced a new feature which has the potential to be useful, yet, very irritating!

If you hover the mouse over a hyperlink in an email, it will show onscreen that link so you can determine whether it's a phishing link or not. However, when it's a legitimate link that you want to click on, it kills the 'hyper link' by showing the address! I have just got my regular Top Gear' email which has about a dozen links on it. I have spent an age trying to read them but have now just given up. I'm not fast enough to get to the link before it's killed!

Is there something in settings where you can delay the activation of this feature?

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 43

Can you give more detail. I have found no such issue with links in emails. Using Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Opera I have checked on all the views and also double clicking to open an email in a "new" page and everything works fine.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 7 of 43

@gg30340wrote:

Can you give more detail. I have found no such issue with links in emails. Using Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Opera I have checked on all the views and also double clicking to open an email in a "new" page and everything works fine.

Well, that's the darndest thing! I was going to grab a few screen shots, but it's all fine now. For whatever reason, my email must have been having a hissy fit. Before, when I 'hovered', the displayed address link was so big it obscured the actual button to press for that link, it's all working now. Feel free to ignore previous message, and sorry for wasting time... stephen

Oh! Spoke too soon LOL This is what I mean - left, email body, right, when I hover over to click link... (link becomes obscured)

hyperlink issue masked.jpg

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 43

Hmm, I haven't tried other browsers yet, but in Firefox the hovered information always appears to the right and below the actual link. I thought it might be just large text boxes, but I tried it with a large box and it works just fine.

hover.jpg

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 9 of 43

@licquoricewrote:

Hmm, I haven't tried other browsers yet, but in Firefox the hovered information always appears to the right and below the actual link. I thought it might be just large text boxes, but I tried it with a large box and it works just fine.

I too am on FireFox v86, and you can see my result above... Odd.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 43

Ok, just tried Edge, Opera and Chrome and all place the box below and to the right.

However, what I have discovered is that the box moves if you move your mouse whilst hovering rather than the box disappearing as it should when the mouse focus is moved away from the link!

0 Ratings