Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 11 of 41

Re: New webmail release 2.20.2

@licquoricewrote:

Ok, just tried Edge, Opera and Chrome and all place the box below and to the right.

However, what I have discovered is that the box moves if you move your mouse whilst hovering rather than the box disappearing as it should when the mouse focus is moved away from the link!

I just tried that, and when I move the mouse, the box disappears (doesn't move), but, I'm not quick enough to get to the link as when I do, the box obscures it again LOL

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 41

So that is behaving differently for you as well.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 41

The box appears to the right and below for me. It does not obscure the link. It does however move as described by licquorice in message 10. This is more prominent when it is a picture link rather than when it is an alphanumeric link. 

0 Ratings
Del477
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 41

Hi SeanD,

With reference to:

• Mouse-over to see email addresses and URLs under links!

You can now hold your cursor over an email address in the message list and over embedded links within the message body to see the email address/URL underneath. This is helpful to see potential spoofing of emails/links in phishing emails.

Can this be switch off in settings? I find it really annoying as it obscures the email I'm trying to read, particularly those that have active links within the text of an email. I also think it's an unnecessary feature, because the URL appears in the Notification Area at the bottom of the webpage when you hover over a link anyway.

If it can't be disabled now, can you consider providing that functionality in a future update?

I know a few others have mentioned the same issue (I tend to use Chrome, but get the same issue with other browsers), but as you can see, this is plainly ridiculous:

BT Popup.JPG

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 15 of 41

@Del477wrote:

Hi SeanD,

With reference to:

• Mouse-over to see email addresses and URLs under links!

You can now hold your cursor over an email address in the message list and over embedded links within the message body to see the email address/URL underneath. This is helpful to see potential spoofing of emails/links in phishing emails.

Can this be switch off in settings? I find it really annoying as it obscures the email I'm trying to read,

If it can't be disabled now, can you consider providing that functionality in a future update?

There is a workaround which I discovered by accident. If you just be patient, and wait between 5 to 10 seconds, the hyperlink info simply disappears, but I agree, an on/off request in settings would be handy.

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 41

@Stephen5000wrote:

I too am on FireFox v86, and you can see my result above... Odd.

Just a quickie, possibly does not affect the situation one iota, but Firefox is now on v87.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 17 of 41

@Carlushawrote:

@Stephen5000wrote:

I too am on FireFox v86, and you can see my result above... Odd.

Just a quickie, possibly does not affect the situation one iota, but Firefox is now on v87.

I know, mine updated at the weekend...

0 Ratings
Del477
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 41

Hi Stephen5000,

Thanks for your reply. I too discovered the popup time-out, but wouldn't really class having to wait up to 10 seconds for the popup to disappear as a workaround to the problem, particularly when a lot of emails have multiple embedded links that have to be negotiated.

When I (and I'm sure many others) have spent £100s upgrading my pc to achieve speed improvements measured individually in milliseconds, then having that undermined by such a badly designed and poorly implemented email update, is incredibly frustrating. After all, this is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist!

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 41

@Del477 wrote:

After all, this is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist!

Oh the irony!!

This feature was introduced after much clamoring on the forum that the functionality didn't exist. Now you've got it you don't want it!! (metaphorically speaking, not you personally).

Stephen5000
Expert
Message 20 of 41

@Del477wrote:

When I (and I'm sure many others) have spent £100s upgrading my pc to achieve speed improvements measured individually in milliseconds...

So, have you tried to change the webmail view to, 'attachment view' then? Prepare to go and make a cuppa whilst it loads LOL

0 Ratings