Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 41

Re: New webmail release 2.20.2

@Stephen5000  I think you are the only person that uses attachment view with thousands of images. 😀

Stephen5000
Expert
Message 22 of 41

@licquoricewrote:

@Stephen5000  I think you are the only person that uses attachment view with thousands of images. 😀

My mum always told me I was special LOL 🤣

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 41

🤐🤐

0 Ratings
Del477
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 41

@licquorice 

The URL has always been visible in the webpage notification area when you hover over an active link. The popup is just a frustrating and distracting duplication of effort. If people on the forum want that duplication then let them have it, but give those that don't the option to switch it off so an email can actually be read without interruption - isn't that the point of software development?

popup 2.JPG

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 41

Don't shoot the messenger. However, I am possibly mis-remembering the fuss. It was probably the lack of hover over functionality for the sender rather than links in the body.

Del477
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 41

That would make sense.
0 Ratings
adam101
Beginner
Message 27 of 41

Whilst the improvements over recent releases have been great, there are still a couple of annoying features that could do with further work:

1. Searching For Contact When Composing An Email: The contact search in the to box when composing an email doesn't work well, as it doesn't search in the email address itself or takes into account anything more than the first name. This makes it hard when, for example, I can't remember the person's name but their business or there are lots of contacts with similar names. Oddly, the search on the Contacts page works better.
  2. Searching For Emails: Whilst I am getting less errors, search remains difficult, as you can't do a universal search across all folders and also it is hard to search in the email body, especially for older emails.
  3. Read Receipts: It would be good to have an overall setting to say if you want to accept all read receipt requests, reject all read receipt requests or get asked by email as currently. 
  4. Empty Trash After X Days: It would be useful to have a setting to empty the trash of all items over X days old.
  5. Number Of Spam Emails: This may have been fixed, as I have had a lot less spam recently so not noticed this, but I've previously found that the number of spam emails didn't show against the folder unless I looked in it first.

Hopefully, these will be covered by a future release.

0 Ratings
Oddbodkin
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 41

This latest "improvement" is yet another retrograde step by BT.

Now I can't view previous emails in an exchange, only the most recent one, as any attempt to click on a prior email results in a greyed out page & a message asking if I wish to add the sender to my contacts list.

Absolute rubbish.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 41

Check that you are not in "Conversation View".  You can do this by going to "Change View" at the right hand side then click ONCE on "Conversation View" to switch it on or off.

SueGS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 41

would be nice if webmail even worked 😞
0 Ratings