cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

No Access to emails on account

Ok this is  the situation that I am in now, waiting for call from BT Yahoo which is always tomorrow no matter which day i phone so Mon it was Tues  Tues its now Wed.

The latest call to 0800800150 to keep asking to have this issue of no access to BT account and emails fixed was that they would delete the existing BT ID  which was compromised  and that I would create a new one.

This I have done and now have access to my BT account. Great im thinking, until I try to log into my emails and it still says account locked for security reasons, this being for any of the btinternet accounts which I try.

Is this because  the old compromised BTID  wont delete so its still attaching the email account to it ?  phone call to BT confirmed it was deleting and that the emails should link to the new ID  should and do  dont seem to coincide here.

So I await a call from BT yahoo  or whoever it is that will call I hope, or hope one of the gurus on here will come to my rescue. Not  having access to certain emails  and documents has already  caused me a lot of problems.

Peter

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: No Access to emails on account

My apologies I wasnt sure the best place to post but was sure you would move to the best place
0 Ratings
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Primary Email account

Ok  confusion here I have access to log in to My Bt and several email accounts are protected which i cant access  but 2 are active but dont know the password.

The security questions to make a new password do not match the answers to the new BT ID i created as its asking for the security questions for the primary email ( which I dont know which one) and its one of the locked accounts probably

If I create a new email will that give me the option to make that account the Primary account replacing the other one so it will be a new set of security questions  to reset passwords

Peter

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Re: Primary Email account

I have merged your posts as they appear to be related.

If you havr contacted BT and you are awaiting them getting back to you I would suggest that you so nothing until they have made contact because it could lead to even more problems with your accounts.

For information:-

Only the "primary" email account can make  "new" email accounts.

See link about types of accounts.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44888/~/how-do-i-create-and-activate-a-new-bt-email-a...

You can change your BTID but you will need the security questions in order to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44847/~/changing-your-bt-id-username-and-security-det...

0 Ratings
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi You say that only the primary account holder can create new emails. I am the account holder logged in to MYBT  and managing emails under the inclusive extras section. Here it is giving me the option to create a new email. Is this just the same as logging in to the primary email and creating a new email.

I dont know which email is set as the primary  I assume it would be the first email created on the account. The problem is I dont know the security information for this account to reset passwords on all the emails.

You  say  wait for BT to call back  I have been waiting  since Sat. I am trying to be proactive here and find a workaround solution 

Peter

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@goldmankind wrote:

Hi You say that only the primary account holder can create new emails. I am the account holder logged in to MYBT  and managing emails under the inclusive extras section. Here it is giving me the option to create a new email. Is this just the same as logging in to the primary email and creating a new email. Yes

I dont know which email is set as the primary  I assume it would be the first email created on the account.  That is usually the case. The problem is I dont know the security information for this account to reset passwords on all the emails. You will need to contact BT to get the security questions reset if you don't know what they are. 

You  say  wait for BT to call back  I have been waiting  since Sat. I am trying to be proactive here and find a workaround solution There is no work around to security questions. If there was there would be no point in having them. Call BT again and explain your problem. Have your account BT account details to hand.

Peter

0 Ratings
Highlighted
goldmankind
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi with regards to security questions BT  are now using a pin sent to a mobile  so no need now to remember any security answers to any questions. The original problem  of not being able to reset was because BT had the date of Birth incorrectly written down, the security answer  which i gave was correct anyway.

Peter

0 Ratings