Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

No Email Notifications on Android Phone

Hi,

recently my BT email notifications have completely stopped on the app but the new emails are sitting there when I manually open the app? All my settings are correct (and nothing's been changed) but all of a sudden it's packed up. My wife's email (which is on my account) is still working fine. I even added the BT email account to my Gmail app and that didn't work either (Gmail still does) so it's got to be something to do with BT. I've removed and re-installed the app, restarted the phone etc and I'm still not receiving notifications for new emails? Has anyone got the same problem or know of any ideas?

Many thanks

Paul

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: No Email Notifications on Android Phone

Have you checked the notification settings in Android? Settings>Apps>(your mail client)>notifications 

Or if they appear when you pull done from the top of the screen. Swipe left and press the settings button as you could have accidentally set them to soft notification or a software update could have

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Hi, Yeah, notifications are all set to on etc. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 16

If you're not getting a notification from either the BT app or the Gmail app when a new BT email arrives, then it's something on your phone. I have my Gmail app set to poll my BT email and I get notifications OK for both.

Edit: Maybe you've turned your notification volume down?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 16

@paulsv24 try uninstalling the app, then reboot your phone and reinstall the app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

Notifications are set to on, I'm no longer even getting the envelope to notify when a new email arrives, yet they're there when I open the app. I haven't changed any other settings on the phone and I've searched through the settings and can't find anything set wrong or blocking them??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

I'll try uninstalling the app and then doing a restart, to see if it makes any difference.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Still no joy, I'll have to get on to BT about it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 16

@paulsv24 what email client are you using?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 16

As a search of this forum will reveal, the BT email app is not highly regarded. If, as you said earlier, the Gmail app is working then I would settle for that otherwise you could be banging your head against a brick wall.

The fact that it works OK on your wifes phone could simply be due to hers being a different make or model to yours.

0 Ratings