Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acoz
Message 1 of 5

No Primary BT Email address.

Go to solution

Hi,

I am a brand new customer and although my broadband is working fine Im currently trying to get 3rd party smtp working and from reading around it seems Im going to need to use my BT email address ....

The problem is - I dont have a Primary BT Email, one hasnt been provided to me when I was set up or my service activated?

How do I find out what it is or get one set up?

When I log in to MyBT and try to navigate to the email tab I receive the message ...

"Sorry

There isn't a BT Yahoo! Mail service associated with the username/email address you've entered."

?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: No Primary BT Email address.

Go to solution
Quelch
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

When you login to MYBT, using your BTID, is there an email address in the blue box near the top right, with a little man on it, your BT account number, and the logout/edit account links? Is it a BT email address? That is the "contact" address for your BTID that you logged in with.

It may or may not be the same as the email address in your BTID username.

Neither of those two addresses HAVE to be BT ones, but they usually are. ( I have a btinternet.com address for my BTID contact address, but a NON BT address for the BTID username.)

You can also check by clicking on the "edit account" link in that blue box, and seeing what is recorded there. It should show the email address you used for your BTID username.

If any of those are btinternet.com addresses then can you access them?

As for the error message you are seeing about not having any BTYahoo email addresses- I wouldn't worry too much about it. I get one of those too, even though I have 11 BTYahoo addresses associated with my account. It's a glitch in the system. You shouldn't be getting that error message, you should be taken to your BTMail straight away.

When you login to MYBT, what is shown in the Email box near the bottom of the page for your services - does it say you have BTMail assocciated with ** addresses and give you a Manage Email button or does it say BTYahoo addresses. If you are a very new customer it should say BTMail and that Manage Email button shoulld take you to BTMail.

The important thing is what happens when you put a btinternet address and password into this box here

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

I would advise trying that link after you have cleared your cookies and at the beginning of a new browser session having just logged into bt.com using your BTID.

If it fails, then try it again after logging OUT of MYBT, clearing your cookies again, going to

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

again, and trying the email address and password.

Once you have established that you have an official btinternet.com address, then come back and work on the 3rd party smtp thing again.

IanC
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Acoz wrote:

Hi,

I am a brand new customer and although my broadband is working fine Im currently trying to get 3rd party smtp working and from reading around it seems Im going to need to use my BT email address ....

Not sure why you think that. Could you explain a bit more what exactly you wish to do?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If you have an account on a third party SMTP server, just carry on using as you did with your previous ISP. BT Broadband is just a pipe.

0 Ratings