cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

No email access on any mobile device

I changed my password for btinternet email and can no longer receive any emails on any mobile device. I have followed all and every piece of advice on the community forum. My account then gets locked after so many attempts. I have used 5 different devices, 2 different operating systems and 4 email clients. BT’s assertion that everything is perfect at their end and all the fault lies with the devices, operating systems and clients is laughable.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: No email access on any mobile device

Join the club - although for me it is only sending e-mails from various clients that is the problem - I get the same sort of response from 2nd line support - and have had to start biting my tongue when they repeat that the BT server is OK - I have escalated this - hopefully I will be speaking to the support 'manager' tomorrow.

Please search my userID for similar threads and fellow sufferers!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: No email access on any mobile device

@PJ666wrote:

I changed my password for btinternet email and can no longer receive any emails on any mobile device. I have followed all and every piece of advice on the community forum. My account then gets locked after so many attempts. I have used 5 different devices, 2 different operating systems and 4 email clients. BT’s assertion that everything is perfect at their end and all the fault lies with the devices, operating systems and clients is laughable.

Hi.

Firstly can you say why you changed the password?

Does webmail work ok with the new password?

Can you stop all devices but one from auto-syncing or checking for emails and try the old password. If that fails, then the thing to do is this - making sure ALL devices are stopped from auto-checking for emails.

Change the password once again, wait at least 20 minutes. Try webmail to see if access with the new password is fine. Then try one device only with the new password, and if that works move onto the next device and try that, and continue with each device in turn.

If access fails again on mobile devices or clients, the advice is to do nothing at all - simply wait and try to access with one device only and prevent all others from auto-syncing. This is to prevent multiple devices potentially causing multiple failures that may compound the issue.

0 Ratings