cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mojonaut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

No email on any account for 2 days using Thunderbird, but ok via the website.

Constant 'Cannot connect to Server mail.btinternet.com' for the last two days, also have had this intermittently in the past for several hours at a time then the mail suddenly comes through.

Anyone else having similar issues? is there a solution?

Thanks

M.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: No email on any account for 2 days using Thunderbird, but ok via the website.

@mojonautwrote:

Constant 'Cannot connect to Server mail.btinternet.com' for the last two days, also have had this intermittently in the past for several hours at a time then the mail suddenly comes through.

Anyone else having similar issues? is there a solution?

Thanks

M.

Hi.

I'll answer your questions in reverse order.

There is no solution, it's been happening for years.

There are many posts on this issue, and have been for years.

If your accounts are BTYahoo (webmail access will show a Yahoo image), then login via :-

https://mail.yahoo.com

that has been shown to kickstart app/client access.

If you're on BTMail, then the best thing to do is wait as this can last a few hours to a few days.

Some people have found that changing the password can kick things into life, but doing that can cause other issues like syncing with MyBT ID and making sure apps/devices aren't polling every few minutes, as well as setting the password in more than one place in various devices. If changing passwords, you need to wait at least 15 minutes before trying apps/clients.

0 Ratings
mojonaut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: No email on any account for 2 days using Thunderbird, but ok via the website.

Andy

Thanks for the background info to this issue.

Yesterday morning on starting my email client 63 emails came through and I continued to receive them without issue up to 22:03 22/5/18

This morning (23rd May) nothing again, how is this even slightly acceptable for a major ISP especially if it's been going on for years?

M.

0 Ratings